android
Old 02-01-2009, 11:18 PM

Help Two Questions About the 8 GB Fuze!

Hey folks,

I got the Fuze for Christmas, and am loving it.

However, I have encountered a problem. For some reason, there are two songs, which I have downloaded and works perfectly well on my computer playing through PowerDVD and Windows Media Plyaer, which just will NOT play on my Fuze. Whenever I select them, there's this short, harsh skipping sound, and the player moves onto the next song. What could be the problem?

Also, is there anyway I could shuffle the playlist?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2009, 07:24 AM

I have a similar problem. After some consultation off-line with some people with Sandisk I have concluded that the fuze has a dead memory cell. I have one of two options: live with it or go get a new player. I have chosen to deal with the dead cell.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .serendipity View Post
Hey folks,
I got the Fuze for Christmas, and am loving it.
is there anyway I could shuffle the playlist?
Thanks in advance for your responses!
I can't help you with your other question, but turning the shuffle mode on should shuffle your playlist...it works on the "GoList"

Old 02-02-2009, 03:07 PM

I had the same problem as you this week with one of my songs and fixed it by opening it in Audacity and then exporting it as an MP3 (even though it already was one).
You will need the lame.dll file to export as mp3.
Make sure you have set the bitrate to how you like it in the settings, I have mine on 320.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/help...all&i=lame-mp3

Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I figured out how to shuffle my playlist - thank you!

But the "dead cell" problem - is there any way I could fix it?

nimicitor, could you elaborate on how to use the Audacity thing to export the files as MP3?

EDIT: I figured it out! I'll let you guys know if it works for me. Thanks!

Last edited by .serendipity; 02-02-2009 at 08:41 PM.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 PM

If there is please tell me, from what I understand nothing can repair it besides replacement. I chose to live with it since it effected only one track.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
nimicitor, could you elaborate on how to use the Audacity thing to export the files as MP3? I thought the files were already MP3 files...
Hes basically decoding it to wav and then reencoding it as an MP3. This works because the original file is probably corrupted somehow.

Quote:
If there is please tell me, from what I understand nothing can repair it besides replacement. I chose to live with it since it effected only one track.
They probably just told you this to get rid of you. If its only happening with a one file, its almost certainly a corrupted file. People send me ones that crash rockbox pretty regularly. They have chunks of crap in the middle of the file, invalid tags, etc. Things like that crash portable MP3 players easily.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:42 PM

Okay, so an off-topic question: could I plug my Fuze into my USB drive anytime, or should I wait until the batter runs out?

Old 02-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Okay, so an off-topic question: could I plug my Fuze into my USB drive anytime, or should I wait until the batter runs out?
No need to wait....charge it up whenever it's convenient. I prefer to use a wallcharger most of the time, and only connect to the computer when I change content, but that's just me

Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
No need to wait....charge it up whenever it's convenient. I prefer to use a wallcharger most of the time, and only connect to the computer when I change content, but that's just me
I do the same thing. It seems to charge a bit faster this way, as USB is limited to the amount of current supplied.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

So I followed what nimicitor said, and ended up with working songs. However, they are now three times long than they are suppose to be (i.e. they play three times slower). How do I fix this?!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

You probably shouldn't be using that method anyway. It decreases quality significantly in the best case, and in the worst case it might give you glitches when playing the file. Its better to just get a new copy of the song thats not broken (i.e. rip it from CD).