android
Old 02-03-2009, 11:49 AM

Help Bookmarks? Radio quality?

I need a new mp3 player and I can't decide what to get. I've been reading about the SPINN and I thought I read somewhere that it doesn't have bookmarks. I listen to a lot of podcasts and want to be able to bookmark them so I can restart where I left off. Also, I listen to FM radio and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how good the SPINN's reception is.

Thanks,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Reception depends on your headphone cable more than anything else. Just for you I've pulled my headphones out of my Cowon S9 and plugged them into my SPINN. With the same headphone cable the SPINN found all the same frequencies although a bit more precisely than the S9. The SPINN is plenty loud, I've had to turn it way down to 3 for a comfortable listening level, so turn it down before putting on headphones. Quality of reception seems crisp with no discernable static. Not as good sounding as the music files I have on my SPINN, but easily passable.

I've only got one text file on my SPINN at the moment, and there isn't a bookmark feature but the SPINN did remember where in my document I was after leaving the text app, choosing Radio, exiting Radio then going back into Text and my document. Not perfect, but a small bit better than starting over each time a document is opened.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:31 PM

Default s9

Hi Olley,

Thanks for doing that test for me. The other player I was thinking about was the s9 so I'm wondering how the FM reception is on that one too.

Any other pros or cons you can offer?

Thanks!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:46 PM

I bought SPINN one day ago. Radio is fine for me. Enough perceptibly, but you can't read txt files, play games or watch pictures simultaneously with listening of radio. It does not work in background in this cases. Not good...
Bookmarks.. first of all no bookmarks in audio, but you can creat bookmarks in video mode. And when you stop your video player next time when you open it again it will start playback from that moment where you "pause" it.

As 4 me it's good AUDIO player, but i was disappointed in video support and little screen

Sorry 4 my poor english

Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klatu View Post
I bought SPINN one day ago. Radio is fine for me. Enough perceptibly, but you can't read txt files, play games or watch pictures simultaneously with listening of radio. It does not work in background in this cases. Not good...
Bookmarks.. first of all no bookmarks in audio, but you can creat bookmarks in video mode. And when you stop your video player next time when you open it again it will start playback from that moment where you "pause" it.

As 4 me it's good AUDIO player, but i was disappointed in video support and little screen

Sorry 4 my poor english
You can listen to Radio and do other things simultaneously. For sure. You just hold the back button pushed (do not release it) till you get to the main menu. Radio does not stop. Btw, the radio on the spinn is as good as on the clix 2 and B20. The best radio reception on a DAP I have had. Sound quality of radio lags behind that of Sony NWZ 639 being not as crisp, but it more than compensats for its very, very good reception.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoGu View Post
You can listen to Radio and do other things simultaneously. For sure. You just hold the back button pushed (do not release it) till you get to the main menu. Radio does not stop.
OMG!! It works!! It works!! Thank you!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The problem with radio that continues to play after leaving the radio app is that many players then have no way to control the radio. On the SPINN a great tip is that the power button will turn of the radio when outside the player. It won't turn it back on again though.

Tags
spinn features