android
Old 02-09-2009, 12:38 AM

Default Making A Playlist?

I just got a 4GB sansa Fuze today

I tried adding music into it using Rhapsody and making a playlist
(4)

But once I check my MP3 it has the 4 playlist but all the song are the same

and some song are not even in there ( about 80% of it )

so can anyone give me a tutorial on how to make a playlist for my MP3 player?

It doesn't have to be Rhapsody

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2009, 08:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Recently there have been several threads on this topic. It seems to be something that people have trouble with. Try reading some of those threads.

Steve

Old 02-09-2009, 10:47 AM

How I accomplish the task

Start from the main menu

1) Click Music
2)Click Artist
3) Select an artist
4) Select album
5) select the apprpriate album
6) While track is playing click down on the wheel
7) Click add song to GoList

Old 02-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Go list is too limited. Mediamonkey can be used for creating playlists if done right. Yes there are existing threads on the subject, but each of them have various methods and procedures that do not work for everyone.

For an otherwise great product, Fuze playlist creation and manipulation stinks. I quit bothering with them. I don't like the basic fact that playlists have to be made external to the unit. And I have a hard time getting them to work half the time.

Old 02-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

To me the whole playlist thing is AMUSING. I have not any problems creating playlists on the Clip or Fuze with Winamp. With the Fuze and Vista, I think I can create a playlist with Windows Explorer, but I don't get the choice of order.

Personally I would rather make them external to the unit. I mean how do you rename the list without a keyboard? But I can see creating a Go List and wanting to keep it. Although I have never created a Go List.

Just the different ways that folks use their players, I Guess.

Steve

Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
To me the whole playlist thing is AMUSING. I have not any problems creating playlists on the Clip or Fuze with Winamp. With the Fuze and Vista, I think I can create a playlist with Windows Explorer, but I don't get the choice of order.

Personally I would rather make them external to the unit. I mean how do you rename the list without a keyboard? But I can see creating a Go List and wanting to keep it. Although I have never created a Go List.

Just the different ways that folks use their players, I Guess.

Steve
I didn't get the playlist thing for a while. I even started a thread asking about them, in my early days here at ABI. Then I learned some of people's different uses...."work list" , "energy/workout mix", etc. For me though, I have only used the GoList on the Fuze, and that only after the most recent firmware update.

What do I use it for? Well, since you can add either whole album or whole artist to the GoList now....I've certainly done the "shuffle artist" before, but with the GoList now, I could actually listen to that artist's albums in chronological order(useful with new music).

Also, since I have over 11GB of music, over 2100 songs on my Fuze.....I can single out 2 or 3 artists' music and just shuffle through that as opposed to everything on the Fuze. My heaviest rotation stuff is on my Clip, and I generally shuffle all on that when I use it...but when I want a different subset to listen to,chillin' around the house, out comes the Fuze, the FiiO, and the bigger 'phones.

I am continually amused and amazed at how much people worry about them though

Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 PM

"Personally I would rather make them external to the unit. I mean how do you rename the list without a keyboard?"

By connecting it to my computer. When I say external to the unit, I mean with external software. Maybe it's just me. But it seemed so much simpler with other MP3 players I have owned. Not the end of the world, just a nuisance I guess.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekseks View Post
By connecting it to my computer. When I say external to the unit, I mean with external software. Maybe it's just me. But it seemed so much simpler with other MP3 players I have owned. Not the end of the world, just a nuisance I guess.
Since there is no Fuze or Clip software on my computer, don't I have to use "external software" on the computer? I should mention that every computer that I have owned or made serious changes to since somewhere in the 1990s has had Winamp on it. To me Winamp is almost part of Windows.

So how was it done on your other mp3 players? Here's my list.

I own a Zen Stone - no such thing as a playlist.

I own a pair of Samsung YP-Z5s. Playlists created with Winamp, as I do it on a Fuze or Clip.

An iRiver mPlayer look alike - no screen - no playlists, I guess.

Did my old iPod support playlists? Don't remember, but if it did, I bet is was created with iTunes (now THAT'S External Software).

Did my Sony MD player have playlists? Not sure, but I don't think so.

I actually have a couple more portable gadgets that will play music. Neither supports playlists, to the best of my knowledge. Palm Tungstan E?

So from my POV. Playlists created with Winamp (or iTunes) or not at all.

Hmmmm...my next player might be a Sansa SlotMusic player. No such thing as playlists.

Anybody know how to create playlists on a Sony Walkman S636 or S638? I can get one for free, but probably won't.

Steve

Old 02-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post

Anybody know how to create playlists on a Sony Walkman S636 or S638? I can get one for free, but probably won't.

Steve
I hear(pardon the pun) that those Sony's put out really good sound....if it's free, why not?

Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM

Wow Steve. Was all this necessary? FACT: My Nomad Jukebox has EXCELLENT playlist creation/manipulation. Playlists can be created and named right from the player. Hmmmm. I don't see it in your list. The playcenter software could also be used from the computer. Very straight forward and simple to use. I had another one at one time that also had better playlist capabilities than the Fuze - I don't remember which one and don't want to guess wrong.

The Fuze is the 1st one I purchased in a while and yes I expected more from the playlist capabilities (and as evidenced on this board others are having issues with it too).

I am not looking for a challenge. Just stating my opinion. Otherwise, as I said, it's a great product. If you don't agree fine - but don't characterize it like you have to prove to me it is no better than any other product out there.

BTW - I have tried Winamp following the suggestions on this board, but I keep getting an error message when I go to run it. I have used it in the past and liked it. I don't know what is causing the problem.

Last edited by ekseks; 02-11-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I hear(pardon the pun) that those Sony's put out really good sound....if it's free, why not?
As my post shows I own too many players already. I should still be able to get a free one next year, so I'll probably just wait.

Steve

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ekseks:

My apologies that is a post that just went wild on me.

I like my Fuze, and REALLY like my Clip. But to me, playlists are the same as my past experiences.

You said "it seemed so much simpler with other MP3 players I have owned". I guess I was wondering what players they were, because it couldn't be simpler for me already.

Steve