android
Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 AM

Default Fuze not switching on !!

Hi,

My sansa fuze is not switching ON.

Today i got my new sansa fuze 8gb from ebay. I plugged it to my desktop and it got recognized, but as the manual states it doest show any charging icon. When i open Properties (My Computer->Sansa Fuze right click), it shows a battery meter as 73% (its increasing).

But im unable to switch on the device. Is there anything like the device wont be switced on until it is charged completely for the first time. I dint even set the hold key.

Guys plz help me out !!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 AM

First re-isntall the drivers for the Fuze then retest the fuze to see if this solved anything.

Second determine if the problem is the fuze or the PC. Take the fuze off the port and plug in a different USB item, such as an external hard drive or a USB drive. Does the PC recognize the item via the USB drive? If no, this would implicate the USB port. If yes, this would implicate the player. At this point I think that you have determined what the problem is. I personnaly do not recommend buying MP3 players from ebay becuase there is no waranty of quality. Try a local electronics store they will charge more but there is a waranty behind the product.

Also try tech-forums.net/PC this is a forum of PC techs solving each other's PC problem of which your Fuze falls under the heading of a PC problem.

Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Will it turn on if you unplug it from the computer?

Old 02-13-2009, 06:09 PM

Mine refuses to switch on while it is plugged in and charging, but I thought that was normal Fuze behavior.

Wasn't there a firmware that fixed battery/charging issues...? Or was that one of my my other players?