android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon O2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2009, 08:46 PM

Thanks, fellas. I'm leaning again toward the O2 despite the negative review. It looks like Cowon has upgraded their firmware quite a bit in a month, most notably the upgraded album art resolution.

What I really liked about my small Creative Zen Nano (1GB player) was the ability to browse by file name. This was awesome! I see that the O2 does that too, and is limited to this feature only. Sometimes I prefer the ID3 tag browsing, but either way, I'll be happy. I like putting my monthly podcasts in one folder, anyway. It should be easy to find what I'm looking for since I'm almost exclusively a podcast listener.

Quote:
One aggravating flaw in the hardware design of the O2 is the lack of tactile buttons, especially a much needed play/pause button.
There wasn't much said other than the quote about the lack of a dedicated play, pause button on the O2's hardware. Was it time consuming or aggravating to get the player to come back up and pause the player?

I personally have the Sansa e280, so anything will be an improvement, as you can well imagine.

The text viewer isn't too bad of a reader. Much better than ones you have to put in by graphic. Especially with a long document. I can easily save a long web page as text, and move it to the player. Anyone had success or lack thereof with this feature?

I was interested in the D2 because of the rave reviews, but it is nearly two years old already! Amazing, isn't it? I have the hope that the O2's further "flaws" are fixed with software. It appears they are listening somewhat...?

Is anyone who has updated the firmware willing to comment on the updates? I'd be very interested in hearing about the improvements, and what remains to be done... Anyone?