android
Old 02-17-2009, 04:27 AM

Default NWZ-A829 Losing track of playback time

If I use the ffwd during MP3 playback the player loses track of the time. What I mean is that if I was 15 minutes into a 1 hour podcast and I held ffwd until the readout said 20 mins and then released the button to resume play then the podcast might be anywhere but 20 minutes in. Definitely weird.

I can test this by playing the exact same podcast on my PC at the same time as on my NWZ-A829. After 15 minutes I ffwd for a bit and the NWZ-A829 actually ended up at a previous point on the podcast despite reading 19 minutes! Then after another brief ffwd to 20 mins on the player it was almost in sync with the PC again which was still only up to 16 mins.

Anyone else seen anything this weird?

cheers, walt_D

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2009, 11:15 PM

Sounds like some older players that had trouble with VBR files. I think most players have trouble if the VBR files have no header or a bad header. Did you use any converter on these files, or are they downloaded directly from the site? I'd be interested to see one and run encspot on it. I think there is some software out there that can fix these files if that is indeed what they are.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:21 PM

If your a windows user you can try this on them:

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...opic=40780&hl=

Old 02-18-2009, 03:02 AM

Hey thanks DigitalQ - I am a windows user so will give that a try.

I hadn't heard of VBR files before. I googled it and see that they are Variable Bit Rate, but am unsure if that is the case ofr these files. The file in question is from a Talk Radio podcast. I'll try and find out if they are VBR.

At the end of the day it is not a major hassle for me, but I wondered if it was indicative of some fault with my unit and so wanted to check if others had seen something similar. Thanks again.

cheers, walt_D