android
Old 02-19-2009, 02:54 AM

Default MediaMonkey & Fuze where are my Podcasts?

Hello,

I sync every morning the newest podcasts I subscribed to and downloaded with MediaMonkey with my Fuze - MTP MODE - in an automatic process.

Works. After a lot of time thinking and testing. (Podcasts are tagged as podcasts anyway and all my music is tagged by genre etc...)

But, well when I open the 'knot' for my Fuze in MediaMonkey I see all the different folders of the Fuze but only in one folder are my songs. Namely, the music folder. These come from a playlist I sync with my Fuze too. I got a folder where all my new music goes too and this is watched by MediaMonkey for changes and each time I connect my Fuze to my PC this folder - and therefore the term playlist might be appropriate - are synced.

That is ok too, but I can only see these mp3 songs on my fuze and I can not find any traces of the podcasts on my Fuze ?!?! They must be there, anywhere, but I can't find them. The folder 'podcasts' is empty and in the only folder with content is the 'music' one. However, in that one are no signs of my synced podcasts.

That is a pain in my a. I want to see them in MediaMonkey so I can organize them and do some file handling like deleting certain podcasts or archiving etc.

How come? Who knows a solution?

Thank you very much!!!

Vanessa

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-19-2009, 03:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, I use it(MEdiaMonkey)for podcasts too, but I don't let it automatically do anything. I also use MSC mode instead of MTP. When my podcasts are all in, I use the Send to->Folder (Move)-> I:Podcasts. That sends them directly into the podcast folder all tagged and everything.

Then, with my Clip, after I listen to each one, I delete it....if I'm using the Fuze, I wait until I plug into the computer again and delete them all at once so I only have to refresh once instead of 6 or 7 times a day. I think this method would let you decide which ones to keep and which to delete just fine.

To truly make this happen you would have to disable the automatic syncing altogether, and check your settings ....somewhere in there is one that deletes things after a user-selected time frame, I believe.

Give this method a shot....it may seem like a little more work, but wouldn't you rather be in charge, instead of bowing to the will of a bunch of electrons?

Old 02-19-2009, 03:32 AM

If no other suggestions come in I will try yours

Bowing to the will of electrons might be better than to the will of some butthead

Old 02-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van78 View Post
If no other suggestions come in I will try yours

Bowing to the will of electrons might be better than to the will of some butthead