android
Old 07-09-2008, 12:09 AM

Help How To Make PlayList on The Fuze?

I just got my Sansa Fuze http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31918

and I'm just wondering on making the playlists. I don't want to use WMP and I wanna use another program. AIMP2 (Really Good Media Player)http://www.aimp.ru/ and I'm just wondering how making the playlists work. How do you make a playlist? Does it need to be in a specific file?

Last edited by V3ndetta; 07-09-2008 at 12:27 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It needs to be a m3u file

Old 07-09-2008, 03:01 AM

Use MediaMonkey but DONT sync.
After you make a playlist:
Right-Click on playlist > Send too > Your player
This will for some reason convert the playlist to .pla which sankdisk uses.
Also if you want album art in media monkey)
Tools > options > Portable/Audio Devices > Sansa Fuze > configure > Device Configuration > Check "Sync all album to Track folder( folder.jpg )

Old 07-09-2008, 11:15 AM

Alright Thanks Alot. My Media Player uses .PLC and i was hoping it would work...

Old 07-09-2008, 12:57 PM

Just to be clear, if you use MSC mode, you should use m3u playlists. If you use MTP mode, you should use pla playlists.

Old 07-09-2008, 05:25 PM

What's MSC and MTP Mode? I know where it is but I don't know what they mean and etc..

Old 07-10-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3ndetta View Post
What's MSC and MTP Mode? I know where it is but I don't know what they mean and etc..
It's the USB connection mode.

MTP (media transfer protocol) is a Microsoft proprietary protocol used by Windows Media Player to communicate with portable devices. It's primary purpose is to support DRM protected files (Rhapsody, etc.). With MTP you're pretty much stuck using WMP. There is some 3rd party support for MTP, but most aren't great and all still rely on WMP. Also, MTP is either not available or poorly supported on Mac and Linux.

MSC (mass storage class) is the standard protocol used by all USB storage devices (flash drives, external hard drives, etc.). In this mode the Fuze appears just like any other flash drive. This is by far the most flexible option in terms of available tools and OS support. However, DRM is not supported. So if you use Rhapsody or other subscription services you're stuck with MTP.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:04 PM

Oh alright thanks. But what about Auto Detect? Should I leave it like that or change it?

Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 PM

Auto basically tries to default to MTP if your OS supports it and fall back on MSC if not. However, it's not always perfect at figuring it out, so I would explicitly set it to whichever you plan to use.

Old 07-11-2008, 10:15 PM

The two USB modes are: MSC (Media Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transport Protocol).

MSC makes the player appear as a flash drive and allows you to drag and drop music files using Windows File Manger and most other file managers. It works for all MP3 and WMA files. MSC is the universal mode and is compatible with most car audio players and home stereos.

MTP was invented to support DRM (digital rights management) to protect purchased music downloads and subscription music tracts. It is not compatible with File manager and most other software. MTP mode is required for use with subscription music services such as Yahoo Music Unlimited To Go, Rhapsody To Go, and Napster To Go.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathryes View Post
This will for some reason convert the playlist to .pla which sankdisk uses.
Also if you want album art in media monkey)
Tools > options > Portable/Audio Devices > Sansa Fuze > configure > Device Configuration > Check "Sync all album to Track folder( folder.jpg )
WARNING:

DON'T TRUST ALL MEDIAMONKEY SOFTWARE!!!
I tried to get media monkey to organize music and add album art, playlists, etc., and instead got a malware-trojan horse-type virus that made me have to re-do my computer. I may not know much about viruses, but I do know that when I tried to fix the problem with system restore, IT DIDN'T WORK, and it would not even let me access my hard drive like you're supposed to, so I couldn't even get to the registry to delete it there. Then whenever I plug in my psp or fuze to the newly re-done computer, it comes up with the same error about trying to access the virus, and it even created some new folder I never put there. (IT PUT A VIRUS ON MY FUZE) So now I'm going to have to format all my portable devices so AVG doesn't detect a threat every time I just want to put music on my USB devices, and that may not even work if it has already messed with the original sansa software.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos-Melody View Post
Both the links you posted lead to threads indicating that this is a false positive, and that MediaMonkey is neither a trojan or some other kind of malware.

An application that automatically updates itself when you start it can set off an anti-virus program, and so can applications that run in the background, essentially any processes that run in a manner similar to malware will set off a false positive. For example, if I was to believe my Avast uncondintionally and without questioning, the publishers of all the games on my system gave me malware.

A game updater is a piece of software that downloads and installs other software onto my PC. That's trojan-like behavior, so Avast screams at it. When it happens I tell Avast not be paranoid and to ignore this file next time, and move on. I don't have a problem with this, I would rather see false positives than see a virus infect my computer, so I look very closely at any file Avast flags. If I don't recognize it I get a second opinion either from Jotti or Kaspersky's online scanner.

Bottom line, MediaMonkey does not give you a virus, and false cries of wolf are neither helpful, nor are they that educational.

Last edited by Chili; 02-22-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: formatting

Old 02-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post

Bottom line, MediaMonkey does not give you a virus, and false cries of wolf are neither helpful, nor are they that educational.
I must agree. I have had MM on my computer now for a while, and while I usually just drag and drop my music now, I connect to either my Clip or Fuze every day for podcasts caught by MM, and I've had no viruses

Old 02-23-2009, 04:17 PM

MediaMonkey is perfectly legit (and excellent) software. No malware or other undesirable behavior. Must be a false-positive as mentioned in the previous post.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:49 PM

Hi all,

I just got a sansa fuze player. I use a pc and have the problem of uploading playlists. I downloaded MediaMonkey and i can't sync/copy/etc. a playlist to the player properly.

After creating my playlist, "TESTING PLAYLIST" on MediaMonkey:
I Right-Clicked on playlist "Testing Playlist" > Send too > (My player) E:/

The result:
The songs in "Testing Playlist.m3u" were found in the E:/Music folder
However, E:/Playlist/Testing Playlist was empty.

So it copied across the songs in the player, but when I selected the "testing playlist" in the Fuze player, the playlist was empty.
Please help. Thanks in advance

Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Administrator

You can't send a .m3u playlist to a Fuze connected in MSC. You can tell that it's in MSC because you're seeing a drive letter. You need to make the playlist from files on the player then save that on the player.

I haven't used MM for a while to do that but IIRC you need to save it either to the root (drive letter) or the Music folder if that's where you have the files that make up the playlist. If you try saving the playlist to the Playlist folder the file paths will be wrong and break the playlist.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 PM

I just posted a guide. Check it out.

Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathryes View Post
When I follow these steps it sends to Fuze (syncs) automatically.

So how do you not sync?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 AM

Use Winamp to make th e playlist. That's what I use with my Fuze and it works like a champ!
Sansa Fuze 8GB v2 - Brand new in box unopend. Backup player.

Last edited by KRONOS; 02-20-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Tags
fuze, playlist