android
Old 02-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Default NS-DV4G Firmware Update

It is possible that this has already been answered but I did not find it. Forgive me if this is a dead horse issue. I am using a DV4G player with firmware version 1.003 which means, I assume, that it has never been updated. Can I jump straight to ver 1.93 beta or should I use 1.20 first? I suppose that the firmware reformats the unit and files should be saved.

Thanks.

Red Hog

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-17-2009, 08:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You can (and should, IMO) jump straight to 1.93. As you suspected, you should back up your files beforehand; it's been awhile since I made the upgrade myself, but I believe they will be wiped.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Thanks for the reply but I am somewhat perplexed. Right after I posted the question here, I sent an email to www.insignia-products.com and asked them about firmware updates to the NS-DV4G player and they gave me a link to what they show as the latest update and it is firmware version 1.105.4. In this forum, I find both versions 1.2 and 1.93 mentioned.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 PM

Go with 1.93, it works fine. Only thing it doesn't do that I care about is a true bookmark that will go back to where you stopped "IN A LIST" of files. Have had my NS-DV4G about 18 months and it came with 1.05. Upgraded to 1.2 and then 1.93 w/no problems....

Old 02-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hog View Post
Thanks for the reply but I am somewhat perplexed. Right after I posted the question here, I sent an email to www.insignia-products.com and asked them about firmware updates to the NS-DV4G player and they gave me a link to what they show as the latest update and it is firmware version 1.105.4. In this forum, I find both versions 1.2 and 1.93 mentioned.
I'm guessing this is because the 1.2 and 1.93 updates were beta releases, and Insignia prefers to refer you to an official "finished" one. Several users had MSC mode connection issues with the 1.2 firmware, but Insignia fixed that bug with 1.93, which offers the best mix of stability and features available for the NS-DVxG.