android
Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 AM

Default Switch off shuffle mode?

Hi again!
This is my second question.
I set my Spinn to the directory tree mode to enable me to keep folders of albums on the Spinn - the same way that they're arranged on my computer.
When I choose a folder/album to play and select the first song, after the song is finished the Spinn randomly selects another song - instead of playing the next song on the list. How do I program it to play the songs in the order that they are in the album/folder?
On a related note, is there a way to create playlists when in the directory tree mode?
Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2009, 09:26 AM

Unfortunately the SPINN has too many shortcommings which are not on par with today's understanding of next gen media player. I can answer your question about the playlist only: you can not create any playlists while in Folder mode. Moreover, you can only play the lowest folder in the folder hierarchy... pitty, pitty. No way to play an artist, only single albums...pitty, pitty. No way to add entire artists or albums to a playlist. Even the Sansa Fuze does it. SPINN's functionlity is very restricted.

Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 AM

oh, well ... i guess everywhere there's a compromise. i returned my ipod after a day because i didn't like the way it rearranged my albums - to the point i couldn't even find my music. at least i can play albums and folders of music to my liking with the spinn. thanks for your answer, logu

Old 03-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

In the now playing screen, tap Option, then Play Mode. You should be able to choose from Normal, Repeat. Repeat One, Shuffle, or Shuffle+Repeat. Pick Normal if you just want to play from the first to the last song in the list. I can't guarantee this will play your songs in track order though. It depends on how your song files are named.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:13 AM

thanks, olley. however, in the file tree (or folder) mode, i don't think those options exist.