android
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM

Default NWZ-E436F - Creating Library Messus up MetaData?

I just bought this player last night, in the hopes that I could avoid an iPod. At $70 for 4GB, I figured it was a steal.

I love the interface, but it has a nasty habit of completely messing up my library. I have every single one of my music files tagged fine on my computer, so that's not the issue.

But once I move them to the MP3 player, they are also fine, according to Windows Explorer. But as soon as I turn the player on, it does a "Creating Library" thing that does something screwy to all of my music.

About half of my tracks get sent to an "unknown" folder (when I browse by artist, album), and half of them are fine. And after it happens, when I look at the files in Explorer (the ones that are on the player) they lose all of their tags.

Anyone know why this happens? It does it when I transfer with the Sony Media Manage, Content Transfer, Windows Explorer, or WMP11. It all just screws up. =/ It makes it very annoying to find songs, because I can't find them in their proper album or artist area.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-19-2008, 06:41 PM

It's not what shown in Explorer that's important.
Check you ID3v1 in Winamp : "right click on song> view file info..." If the ARTIST, TITLE, ALBUM YEAR are empty, all will be shown as unknown in NWZ-E436 or any other Sony player. If, say, only the year is not show, only that will be seen as unknown, while your song will be properly sorted when you transfer

Media Manager for WALKMAN 1.2 seems just ok to trancode your songs on wanted bitrate, and be sure if the songs are properly tagged

Old 11-19-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Ledd View Post
It's not what shown in Explorer that's important.
Check you ID3v1 in Winamp : "right click on song> view file info..." If the ARTIST, TITLE, ALBUM YEAR are empty, all will be shown as unknown in NWZ-E436 or any other Sony player. If, say, only the year is not show, only that will be seen as unknown, while your song will be properly sorted when you transfer

Media Manager for WALKMAN 1.2 seems just ok to trancode your songs on wanted bitrate, and be sure if the songs are properly tagged
To clarify, by Explorer I meant if I went into the file properties and then to the track info, where all of the information was displayed correctly. And they display fine in Winamp before I transfer, as well. But after the Walkman got it's chance to do it's "Creating Library", the IDv3 tags go all screwy, and I lose information in about half of them.

=/

Old 03-04-2009, 03:12 PM

do check you tags more carefully. i don't have such issues. maybe a firmware update can help.