android
Old 02-10-2009, 09:19 AM

Default Battery Life and Charging questions

Hello I just bought my new sansa fuze 4Gb and a 8GB MicroSDHC a few days ago and very happy with its performance.

I have 2 questions to ask and hope they can be answered.

1. Is the battery really lasts 24 hours for listening musics? I wonder is it true or not. I charged my fuze to 100% battery, and after 1 and a half hour the battery percent dropped to 68%. I wonder it could last up to 24 hours or not? BTW the screen is always on when I am listening (I kept switching songs so the screen wasn't resting at all).

2. How frequent should I charge up my fuze? Should I only charge it when it's low battery (say, 30%?) or should I charge it whenever I feel free to? And how long should I expect the battery will last? Will the battery go dead in 1 year?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It's 24 hours if you're playing 128 kbps MP3's, and the screen is off, etc. If it's really a concern,
A:turn your brightness down
B:shorten the backlight time
C:remove the songs you don't want to hear so you don't always have to switch
D: don't run the battery down, charge it at every convenience
E: use high sensitivity 'phones so you don't have to crank the volume
Also I recommend a wall charger, it does the job faster and won't keep the screen on while it charges

Old 02-10-2009, 09:32 AM

Battery life on my Sandisk Sansa Zune tends to depend on how long I listen to it. If I listen to it eight hours one day, which happens on ocassion, it will go three days before completely gone. If I use it for an hour or two then it will run for weeks. The thing most people have dificulty with on the zune is not the battery life its the tags. The zune can be a bit dificult about the tags on each track.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbc View Post
Sandisk Sansa Zune
I'm assuming a brain fart and you really meant Fuze, right?

Old 02-10-2009, 09:47 AM

@Marvin the Martian:
Thanks for your reply. I will buy a wall charger as soon as possible =)

@jbc:
Err thanks too but is there such thing as "Sansa Zune"? I thought there are only Sansa Fuze and Microsoft Zune? Kinda confused here.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 AM

Yeup neural fart. From my days studying Neuropathology this happens quite a lot in some of us like me. I mean a Sansa Fuze, got a fuze loose in this old brain somewhere.

Last edited by jbc; 02-11-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:37 PM

Haha, my friend did the Sansa Zune thing ALL THE TIME!!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
It's 24 hours if you're playing 128 kbps MP3's, and the screen is off, etc. If it's really a concern,
A:turn your brightness down
B:shorten the backlight time
C:remove the songs you don't want to hear so you don't always have to switch
D: don't run the battery down, charge it at every convenience
E: use high sensitivity 'phones so you don't have to crank the volume
Also I recommend a wall charger, it does the job faster and won't keep the screen on while it charges
Thanks for the tips Marvin, I've heard about how bad is to keep it plugged/charging while the charge is already full, do you know if this is true? I don't let it always plugged but somedays I forget there and go to sleep, is this harmful?

I have an e280v2 (I suppose all e200 are like that) and it can't be used while charging/connected, does the wall charger changes that? Or do you know if anything changes that (i.e. alternative firmware like Rockbox)?

Thanks for the tips and srry the english

Old 03-05-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wira View Post
Thanks for the tips Marvin, I've heard about how bad is to keep it plugged/charging while the charge is already full, do you know if this is true? I don't let it always plugged but somedays I forget there and go to sleep, is this harmful?

I have an e280v2 (I suppose all e200 are like that) and it can't be used while charging/connected, does the wall charger changes that? Or do you know if anything changes that (i.e. alternative firmware like Rockbox)?

Thanks for the tips and srry the english
In sansa fuze, when you charge it using the wall charger you can still listen to it or play with it, e.g. using it like normal. If you connect to pc then you cant. About the consequences charging it while the battery is alrdy full, that one i don't know.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wira View Post
Thanks for the tips Marvin, I've heard about how bad is to keep it plugged/charging while the charge is already full, do you know if this is true?
Its not harmful.