android
Old 02-28-2009, 03:32 AM

Lightbulb .m3u playlist coding issues

So I just figured out how to manually code a .m3u playlist (not a huge feat) but I can't seem to figure out how to make a playlist that can access the songs on my microSD card. Mostly, I don't know what "drive" the card is in when it comes to the mp3 player itself, and what coding I need to access the songs on the card. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-02-2009, 06:44 AM

Fixed (sorta). Called tech support. The mp3 player doesn't assign a drive letter to the stick, just counts it as it's own internal memory. Making a playlist that plays from both sources is impossible.

*sad face*

Old 03-10-2009, 12:53 PM

I have also been battling this problem for quite some time. Never could get an M3U playlist to recognize what was on the microsdhc (8gb) card. Tried renaming the main drive letter of the card to the same as the internal memory. That locked the player up. Tried putting a playlist folder on the card. That locked the player up, too. Everything else works flawlessly. These players would be nearly perfect if they had on the fly playlists and if playlists could play what was on the microsdhc. That would make these players a way, way better value than an IPOD Nano. When you said that it was impossible for a playlist to access both sources, did that come directly from Insignia Support??? They didn't happen to mention if there was a forthcoming firmware update did they???

JVersh

Tags
coding, m3u, microsdhc, playlist