android
Old 10-31-2006, 09:09 PM

Default How do I add album art?

ok, i got the insignia player and its quite good for the $120 retail price, my one problem is one of all this players users....album art, but many of the more "advanced" users have found soultions to this problem, but im only 16 and this is above my head, so can anyone give me an easy step-by-step walthorugh of what to do/or what settings to change around so i can see the album art of all my imported CDs and art of my imported mp3 files on the player's "now playing" screen? any help at all will most likely do it for me thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2006, 08:37 AM

JCP,

In Rhapsody: Hilight all the tracks for the album in question and right click on them. Choose "edit track info". Either drag and drop your .jpg album art file into the album art box, or press the "add" button and select the art from the explorer window that is launched. Once the art is selected, press "apply" and then "OK". The art should be imbedded in the tag. I would remove the album from your player and then re-transfer the album to the player.

I personally find that Rhapsody is a little quirky when it comes to attaching album art. I personally recommend MediaMonkey.

In MediaMonkey, Just pick the first track of the album in question and right click and select properties. click on the album art tab and select add. pick the art you want and make sure the box to apply to all tracks is selected.

One note about album art and the Insignia Video. If you have an album that has multiple images attached, it will not work. All album art must be in .jpg format.

If you need album art for a particular album, go search for it on amazon.com or somesuch. When you find the art you want, save it as a .jpg file in the folder containing the album in question on your hard disk. See the above steps for attaching your new art to your music.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thumbs up

I agree with chrisb. MediaMonkey is very useful to embed album art within your MP3 files. Just want to add a link to this thread. We've been discussing solutions for album art problems there, and I've posted a complete mini-tutorial on embedding album art using MediaMonkey (the post is in the page 3). This thread is for the Zen Vision:M, but the instructions should work for any MP3 player.

Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM

Unhappy Help with ns-dv2g

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb View Post
JCP,

In Rhapsody: Hilight all the tracks for the album in question and right click on them. Choose "edit track info". Either drag and drop your .jpg album art file into the album art box, or press the "add" button and select the art from the explorer window that is launched. Once the art is selected, press "apply" and then "OK". The art should be imbedded in the tag. I would remove the album from your player and then re-transfer the album to the player.

I personally find that Rhapsody is a little quirky when it comes to attaching album art. I personally recommend MediaMonkey.

In MediaMonkey, Just pick the first track of the album in question and right click and select properties. click on the album art tab and select add. pick the art you want and make sure the box to apply to all tracks is selected.

One note about album art and the Insignia Video. If you have an album that has multiple images attached, it will not work. All album art must be in .jpg format.

If you need album art for a particular album, go search for it on amazon.com or somesuch. When you find the art you want, save it as a .jpg file in the folder containing the album in question on your hard disk. See the above steps for attaching your new art to your music.
Hi:

I just bought my Insignia media player and I'm having problems adding album art, I have followed the two options mentioned above, with rapsody and media monkey, step by step, and is still not working; seems, and I'm guessing here, the only way The insignia player can "read" and "show" album art while playing songs is IF the songs are in .alb format.

Iīm actually considering going back to ipod just for this tiny detail..

Old 12-03-2006, 02:52 PM

anyone here know how to make the Insignia media player show album art???!!
thanks!

Old 12-03-2006, 04:11 PM

carlitoskent,

Is your player in MTP or MSC mode? At present, the Insignia Video does not support album art in MSC mode. MTP mode is only supported in Windows XP.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 PM

this may sound dumb, but I really need to ask, this is my first non ipod player:

1) What is MTP mode?
2) What is MSC mode?
3) How do I know in which mode my Insignia player is?
4) How do i switch between modes my player, if possible?

Old 12-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

MTP: Media Transfer Protocol - A mechanism for the transferring of music and other media to or from an MTP-aware device. It allows for the automatic transferring of DRM licenses for subscription or ala carte music services. Syncronization is generally automated. Best at tranferring files to a device that uses a specialized filesystem that is not native to your computer.

MSC: Mass Storage Convention - Also known as UMS (Universal Mass Storage). It is a mechanism for easy copying of media and non-media files to or from an external device. The device in question usually receives a drive letter, and copying of files is just like copying files between hard drives. Does not always support DRM, and syncronization is not automated. The device must use a filesystem the host computer can understand (ie. FAT or FAT32).

Old 12-05-2006, 07:03 PM

Red face

Thanks Zen chick!!!

Sounds a little bit compliticated but its understandable

ok..now on to the big question...

How do I make my Insignia DV2gb display album art??!!

anyone???

Old 12-06-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitoskent View Post
Thanks Zen chick!!!

Sounds a little bit compliticated but its understandable

ok..now on to the big question...

How do I make my Insignia DV2gb display album art??!!

anyone???
I'd like to know this too

and i've tried everything that the others mentioned

Old 12-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You have to be in MTP mode for starters. With some exceptions, MTP mode requires the use of media management software. Some players (notably Sony and iPods) require very specific software - theirs, while other players allow more choice in the matter.

Windows Media Player 11 and MediaMonkey are both good media management programs that work well with most MTP-based players, and they generally work well with album art.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:57 PM

how is the player other than that?? i like the big screen alot.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:44 AM

Default How to add album art

After several weeks of trying to sort through some of the instructions on these threads, I was successful at applying download art to a Cowon D2 MP3 player and a Samsung YP-T10. We have Windows Vista & Windows Media Player (WMP). I was unable to use WMP to download the album art to the players (could download to PC however). I finally downloaded Media Monkey. For the Samsung, that is all it took. I was able to autotag the album art from the web (after "selecting all" in "Edit"), then synced directly to the mp3. This worked for WMA & MP3 formats. The Cowon was different. I was unable to download album art for WMA's, only MP3 files. Most of our files are copied off of CDs, so we reloaded them on the PC and specified to copy them in Mp3 mode. For those files that had been downloaded from the net as WMA's, we burned them to CD, then recopied them into WMP as mp3's. Then, went to media monkey to autotag the album art, then sync to the mp3. A pain, but now that we've done it, is easy. Hope this helps.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Samsung Moderator

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=18362

mp3tag adds album art and it is very easy!

sassafras

Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 PM

I read all users and found all have a good opinion. So I give you a link. In which link there is information to How do I add album art. So follow the link:

http://www.ghacks.net/2008/02/26/add...p3-collection/

Regards:
Hank Freid

Old 06-13-2008, 02:04 PM

MediaMonkey isnt running on my CPU, it crashes evry tme i try 2 open it.
Whats Wrong?
NES, N64, CameCube, Xbox, Wii

Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Banned

I'm a huge fan of Apple's iTunes music player and am pretty darn excited to see the new iTunes 7 release that includes movies, games, and so much more. Most interestingly, it now has some new views of the library that are darn reminiscent of a jukebox. But I don't have artwork for any of my albums!

Old 04-20-2009, 12:34 AM
Banned

I've been poking around with Apple's new iTunes 7.0 release and also think it's darn cool what they've added. There are now three different "views" you can choose, one of which really does look just like the modern digital Wurlitzer, with a 'flippable' library of album cover art.
Problem is, that's not so cool if your album covers all look like this:
First, start Windows Media Player and navigate to the albums that don't have all the necessary information.
Open the album for which you want to add the missing information
Now, select all tracks and from the right-click menu select 'Find Album Info'.

Windows Media Player will start a wizard that will help you find and update the missing album information. If all the selected tracks are from the same album, select the appropriate option and click on Next.

The wizard will start searching for the album in its database. If the search will return no results, you will have to update the existing information and include what you know about it.

In this example, both the album and the artist are unknown. Type the name of the artist and the album and then click on Done.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:38 PM

Dave's Answer: I've been poking around with Apple's new iTunes 7.0 release and also think it's darn cool what they've added. There are now three different "views" you can choose, one of which really does look just like the modern digital Wurlitzer, with a 'flippable' library of album cover art. Read More

shae marks

Old 05-10-2009, 11:08 PM

I learned o lot from all of you. Thank you very much.