android
Old 03-09-2009, 06:23 AM

Default Deleting content on Fuze

Is it me or does it take forever to delete a song on the actual mp3 player. It was a function that makes it superior to the ipod but I do not use it as it stops playback and then takes like 2 min to delete one song.

Anyone else have this prob. Do they intend to address this in the next frimware release.

Thx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janman50 View Post
Is it me or does it take forever to delete a song on the actual mp3 player. It was a function that makes it superior to the ipod but I do not use it as it stops playback and then takes like 2 min to delete one song.

Anyone else have this prob. Do they intend to address this in the next frimware release.

Thx
It all depends on how much you have on the Fuze. When you delete something on it, it then necessitates a database refresh, just like you would get after you sync it. If it is such an inconvenience then just wait until the next time you're connected to the computer, and delete whatever songs you're tired of then.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM

Yes, that is the biggest annoyance ever. It seems that they are refreshing entire database again instead of just flaging the file in database as deleted and wait with complete refresh unitl next content upload.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombardier View Post
Yes, that is the biggest annoyance ever. It seems that they are refreshing entire database again instead of just flaging the file in database as deleted and wait with complete refresh unitl next content upload.
That's why I don't "auto-sync".
By taking a little more time and choosing selectively what I want on my Fuze, I never have to delete a song. When I was using mine for podcasts, I would wait until I had listened to them all, then use the computer to delete them all at once.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Banned

That's why I like using the MSC USB mode where I can just access the Fuze as a mass storage device and manage the files.

But yeah, it does suck deleting files while using the player.