android
Old 02-04-2009, 04:48 PM

Default Wavpack Question?

Can the O2 read a lossy wavepack file as lossless with the .wvc file included?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 AM

I can test it for you if you provide a file.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:08 PM

Thanks dfkt...I never uploaded anything before but I tried it..hope it works.

It's 2 files, the lossy wavpack and the wvc correction file.

If you play it with the wvc file included in the same folder it should play a lossless, if you remove the wvc file it should play as a lossy wavpack.

Not sure if the O2 shows bitrates while playing music but with the wvc file included it should play at a variable bitrate of 500 and above. Without the wvc file it should play around 320.

Well here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/19442683...Story.rar.html

Old 02-05-2009, 04:41 PM

Sorry to say, it doesn't use/recognize the correction file. With and without the file on the player it shows an average bitrate of 333kbps, and "WavPack4 Hybrid" as a description.

(Nice track, by the way. )

Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Thanks dfkt I appreciate it..

I thought it might since jetaudio recognizes it...oh well...Just would of been more convenient for me for ripping and adding and changing up lossless files on a dap...since there is no dap that will store all my music.

Thanks again for your help..

Old 03-17-2009, 11:24 PM

Default WavPack Cowon O2 Answer

You have to rip the CD without the correction file. This will produce a .wv only that is lossless. The two file method produces a lossy file (.wv) combined with a correction file (.wvc) that together is tech lossless. This does not work on the O2 it will only see the .wv high bitrate lossy file. I have the O2 and use DBPower Amp to rip my CD's and the .wv files play just fine on my O2.

Also I have noticed the .wv files are a smaller size than a level 8 .flac file. It is also worth mentioning that tech .wv uses less power to decode. This should equal better battery life. I am in the process of testing this now.