android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 05-31-2008, 01:31 PM

Tried this hoping it would fix my problem as well but it looks like my player is gone.
The lights on the buttons just keep blinking until they go off...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-31-2008, 04:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would look into purchasing a replacement battery and install yourself. I believe the battery part number is:

DAP-FL0040

EBay has a ton as well as this site. Here is a video on how to open the Zen V. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm probably wrong, but there's something telling me it might be a firmware issue. Have you tried reloading or updating the firmware? Are you able to get the thing to power up long enough to do this?

Old 06-06-2008, 03:50 AM

Unfortunately It doesn't stay on long enough.
It's actually quite random. I plug it in and wait maybe 5-10 minutes then it starts its sequence of on and off.
Then on the PC taskbar it shows that the player is recognized but on the player itself there are no lights on and the screen is black.

But I'm willing to try anything.

I'll try that.

Last edited by kazek; 06-06-2008 at 04:04 AM.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:11 AM

I tried what you suggested but it failed to upgrade probably because the player is partially on (what I mean by this is the player looks connected on the task bar and in My Computer but the player itself is off).

When I hit reset, it goes off on the task bar and the player's lights blink a few times and then go off.

I doesn't say that the player is not connected but it just fails.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

When it starts its sequence of on and off, what does it do? Does the screen go on and off, does it go on and off from being recognized, or does it keep booting over and over? In this sequence of on and off, does it show that it stays connected?

When it is plugged in and it shows connected like you say, can you access it under My Computer? If you open WMP, does it recognize it? If you can, it sounds like a display issue.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-07-2008, 12:39 AM

When I plug it in the blue lights blink for a while then the on and off sequence..

In the sequence of on and off..
1. the screen goes on and displays everything like normal (main menu)
2. the PC recognizes the player
3. but within a few seconds its not recognized while the player stays on showing the low battery caution icon
4. then its recognized again and the player displays the main menu.
5. It does this maybe 3-4 times and then the player completely goes off but via the PC it shows that the player is connected.

After the sequence is done I can see it and access it via my Computer and WMP but there are no files displayed and when I try browsing media I get an error message - "The device is not connected or busy".
Same goes for when I try create playlist - "unable to read or write from player"
(while I do all this, the player is off)

Old 06-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, great description. Still seems like a power issue. Have you tried another USB 2.0 cable yet? Are you plugging it into a port on the back of the computer (USB port built onto the motherboard)?

Zen FAQ

Old 06-09-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Zen V+ not turning on, no restore etc.

hello i'm new to the forums, and i have a question which needs to be answered.
i've had a lot of trouble with my Zen V Plus, and has given me a lot of headaches over time.
now it doesn't want to turn on, and when i hold down the on switch, the play and back buttons just blink, no picture on screen or anything, just that.
even the restore function things i've tried while pressing the play button as well, but same outcome.
when i put it into the laptop via USB cable, no picture comes up, its not noticed by the laptop, and the only thing it does it have the play and back buttons blink.
does anyone know anything that i can do to fix it up??
thanks,
Matt.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Has it been sitting unused for a while? You haven't opened it up or anything lately have you?

It sounds like an power issue; possibly a over-discharged battery. Try connecting it to the computer for a while (at least 12 hours) to see if it begins charging or eventually turns on.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-09-2008, 06:21 PM

it was sitting un-used for a while, only until i found a way to fix it on the internet. and i haven't even thought about opening it, i wouldn't know how to put it back together.
and it may be the over-powering issue, because when its "docked" it normally freezes itself, so you cant remove it from the laptop.
Matt.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, it sounds like an over-discharged battery if you say it's been sitting a while. You can try leaving it connected to the computer for a day or so to see if it "wakes" up. If not, you may want to check into replacing the battery. I believe the battery part number is:

DAP-FL0040

EBay has a ton as well as this site.

Opening it up is easier than you may think. Here is a video on how to open the Zen V. Good luck.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-27-2008, 01:20 AM

Default creative zen v plus not charging properly

HELP ME PLZ,

went to school today, listening to my zen and it completley ran out of battery. it shut itself down. so anyways, thought that i will charge it when i get home, so i put it in, go play games for 1 hr, find out that its not charged a single bit, and the normal charging screen doesnt appear. so leave it, come back another hour later, still hasnt changed. so i open "zen v series media explorer" and its not recognised. i also noticed that it shuts itself down while plugged into the computer, "idle shutdown" it says.

is my zen corrupted?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with main Power thread.

mcrow5: Have a look at this thread from the beginning. Check out these posts here and here. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 09-11-2008, 03:28 PM

Small hint how to charge if battery is fully dead and you are desperate.

Open zen, remove battery. Remove the little white connector from the wires, carefully, with needle pushing. REMEMBER WHICH WIRE WENT ON WITCH HOLE!(if you couldn remember, find some pictures from google or ask). Next take and old unused Nokia (not quick charger) (or other 3,6-3,7v mobile charger, they mostly work all), cut the wire and connect with battery wires. White with white, black/blue/red with black/blue/red.
Be careful to seperate the wires from each other, or you see little sparks.
It worked fine with me, and battery is full.

sorry about my english

Old 09-11-2008, 03:40 PM

Well, shoot I could've used this info months ago. Oh well. But one thing to all the people who are aggravated at the fact that ur v plus is not operating: DO NOT PRESS THE RESET HOLE A MILLION TIMES!!! It will make a little white light appear and that is the point of no return.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
It worked fine with me, and battery is full.
Yeah, it worked for you, but could also be very dangerous for others. Be very careful! This isn't something that just everyone should just try.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-03-2009, 09:01 PM

Default Help please

I got a regular 'Creative Zen V - 1G' not a V plus for note.

It worked fine for a while then one day I woke up, it wouldn't turn on so I was like 'ok, I'll just recharge it'.

Nothing when I plug it in, no lights turn on, no charge or dock picture, nothing.

Leave it sit a while unplug and press stuff, nothing.

When its plugged in computer doesn't dectect it in any shape way or form.
??????????
Help?

Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome MP3 Problems. Yeah, the computer can't detect it if it is not powered on. I would try leaving the Zen connected for a day or so to see if it begins charging again and eventually turns on. If it dosn't, then I would consider purchasing a replacement battery. See this thread for more info.

Thread merged with main Power/Charging thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-18-2009, 08:46 PM

I've had my Zen V Plus for a few days now and have figured out one charging problem --

You cannot leave it plugged in overnight to charge. Here's my take on it -- It will not let you turn it "off" while plugged into a charger. If you turn it off, it comes back on. I believe that it charges the battery for the first few hours until the batter is fully charged. Then the charging circuit cuts off, but the player stays on. It sits there the rest of the night in the "on" state, draining the battery with the charging circuit off. When you "wake" it back up in the morning, the battery is nearly drained back down to nothing.

I think you have to charge it, unplug it, and then power it down.