android
Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It sounds like you have used multiple sync managers with the Zen. The Zen's database does not like this and it easily creates this type of issue. I would reformat (then do a Cleanup) the Zen and start over just using the one sync manager you want to use.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 AM

Hmmm, before I go and format the Zen, which will take a long time to fill back up, can you elaborate a lil more please? What exactly do you mean by sync managers? If you are talking about programs that automatically sync the files up, such as WMP11 and Creative's Sync Manager, I can assure you I haven't used any of them.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertedskull View Post
What exactly do you mean by sync managers? If you are talking about programs that automatically sync the files up, such as WMP11 and Creative's Sync Manager, I can assure you I haven't used any of them.
Yes, WMP, MediaMonkey, Winamp, CSM, etc., those are sync/media managers.

Three possibilities I see:

1. Multiple sync managers were used and has confused the Zen's internal database.
2. Multiple methods used to transfer media and either has resulted in same database issue or possible file system issue.
3. MTP on the computer is not working correctly and not communicating with the Zen's database to allow for the transfer or creation of the album art.

If you haven't used multiple sync managers, then I would go with number 3 before number 2. Have you tried reinstalling WMP11? This will also reinstall the Windows Media Framework/MTP.

Zen FAQ

Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM

Fixed it. After all that it was just a matter of removing and re-installing the Creative drivers AFTER I had put WMP11 on. Though I did also clean up, format, and clean up again the Zen. So there's a chance that helped too.

Thanks BobbyRS. : )

Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Good to hear. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 03-17-2009, 11:29 PM

I am trying to add the album art to my Creative Vision M 30 GB using Media Monkey(free version) and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I open Media Monkey connect my Vision M go to MyZen. Navigate to the Music folder where all of my folders are located with artist and album name. Click on Auto Tag from Web, select Options, "save to image - if possible", click Auto tag and it saves the image to c:/music/folder when it should save it to my Zen Music folder.

I have tried dragging and dropping the image and everything else and nothing seems to work. I am completely frustrated by this process. Can someone please help.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
I am trying to add the album art to my Creative Vision M 30 GB using Media Monkey(free version) and I don't know what I am doing wrong. I open Media Monkey connect my Vision M go to MyZen. Navigate to the Music folder where all of my folders are located with artist and album name. Click on Auto Tag from Web, select Options, "save to image - if possible", click Auto tag and it saves the image to c:/music/folder when it should save it to my Zen Music folder.

I have tried dragging and dropping the image and everything else and nothing seems to work. I am completely frustrated by this process. Can someone please help.
Anyone with any ideas/suggestions that could help. I would appreciate it.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:20 AM

The Zen doesn't save the image in the same way as the PC. Media Monkey can only add Album Art to the files on the PC. Once the Album art is added to the PC files they then need to be copied to the player.

To Test it delete an Album from the Zen, ensure the copy on the PC has the Album art. In MM Select the Album from the PC on then highlight all the tracks then right click on the tracks and use the fourth option SEND TO Your player should appear here.

Disconnect the player from the PC and check the Album copied.

When files tagged with Album Art are copied to the player, it takes the image from the Tag and add's it as image for that Album. Consequently on the player you can only have one image per Album!

Good Luck!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSigh View Post
The Zen doesn't save the image in the same way as the PC. Media Monkey can only add Album Art to the files on the PC. Once the Album art is added to the PC files they then need to be copied to the player.

To Test it delete an Album from the Zen, ensure the copy on the PC has the Album art. In MM Select the Album from the PC on then highlight all the tracks then right click on the tracks and use the fourth option SEND TO Your player should appear here.

Disconnect the player from the PC and check the Album copied.

When files tagged with Album Art are copied to the player, it takes the image from the Tag and add's it as image for that Album. Consequently on the player you can only have one image per Album!

Good Luck!
It didn't work but thanks for your help anyway. I have tried everything and don't know what else to do.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
I have tried everything and don't know what else to do.
I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Read this thread all the way through.

2. Do searches and read up on everything related to using MediaMonkey to tag and add album art.

3. Use another program for tagging, like MP3Tag. Either for good or at least for testing.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-21-2009, 02:33 PM

your best solution is going to be:
1. take all your music off your player.
2. cleanup and format your player (from the recovery menu)
3. tag all your music with album art using Media Monkey
4. use WMP11 to build a library and then sync your music to your player.

Doing this will create a folder on your player called "album" (something like that). It contains all the album art as .alb files.

I have tried MANY other variations of this. The above works the best for me.

Good luck.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:02 PM

Hello again,
Spring Break is over (waaaaahh!) and I'm finally feeling better. (not very lovely puking/epectorating 3 lbs. of mucous a day!) and still having album art problems. it only displays the little grey box with a cd image in it, not alb. art. My Pictures folder sees the Alb. art, but the player doesnt.

this seems to be the ALBUM SCREEN album art display, but I really want the display on the Now Playing screen...

how? i tried many utilities to display them, but nothing seems to work.

and if you have been following my posts, you can probably tell that I hate Microsoft Corporation (anagram: A Moronic sort of apricot), so I claim prejudiced things against the corporate compliant peoples and such...

bored out of my mind, but dreading school!

~~--Bladebaka

PS: sorry for the ramblings, but i already typed it, so i went ahead and submitted it.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM

Hello all, what an interesting read!

I have acquired a 30gb Zen Vision:M recently and have a library using WMP11 that i would like to transfer using the album art.

I have tried it having run the update patch and having the latest firmware and when i "explore" the player in explorer it shows the array of .alb files in a folder entitled "albums." However this is not showing up on the player itself, why would this be?

Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM

If you paste the album art in WM11 then sync the music to the zen, it will show up correctly.
Thats how I got it to work for me, I had to format and start over though
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">