android
Old 03-17-2009, 01:27 PM

Default Shortcircuit after charging....please help!

Please ABI, help!
i was chraging my Zen :M, and when i pulled the charger out of the socket, i saw a spark and heard a pop. shortcircuit....
The last screenimage was the ´low battery´ image.

I have not been able to get any juice to the player since. I cant start it up, the pc wont see it. i DO see the blinking blue light by the power button when its plugged in though, which is weird, because i cant seem to get it on anymore...

i opened the baby up, and couldnt see anything out/of/place, like a scorch mark (thank god).

any ideas to what could be the problem...? do you think its the motherboard, or the battery? i hope the battery.... that can be replaced....

thanks so much in advance!!!!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-17-2009, 08:09 PM

Have you tried plugging your Zen:M into your computer? Is it accessible, and does it take a charge through the USB?

Obviously, there shouldn't be sparks, but there's a chance that the charger was at fault and might be the only damaged item.

Anyway, it's worth checking.

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 AM

Turned out that the short completely emptied out my battery....
i had to keep it plugged in for at least 24 hours until it showed some signs of life...!
my babys doin as good as ever, though i am a bit scared about what the future could bring....

Anybody any ideas about proper precautions?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Only use a real Creative adapter like this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=370159194926 You can use the wall charger for a PSP http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-ADAPTER-POWER-SUPPLY-HOME-WALL-CHARGER-FOR-SONY-PSP_W0QQitemZ370161510372QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_ Games_Accessories?hash=item370161510372&_trksid=p3 911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A4|65%3A12|39%3 A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200 as a sub for the Creative power adapter as it is compatible. Using it on a surge protector wont hurt either. If it was a generic charger(like one of these get rid of it) http://cgi.ebay.com/AC-HOME-CHARGER-POWER-ADAPTER-FOR-CREATIVE-ZEN-VISION-M_W0QQitemZ400037606599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZOther_MP 3_Player_Accessories?hash=item400037606599

Old 03-20-2009, 09:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, use a charger that uses the correct polarity (center positive). Applying reverse polarity to the battery can easily cause your issue of draining the battery quickly.

Zen FAQ

Tags
shortcircuit