android
Old 03-24-2009, 02:04 AM

Default F40 getting errors, now 0000020

My F40 randomly stopped playing and would just give a system error of 0000010, which I guess means the HDD isn't connected properly. Of course I figure this out online, after formatting my F40 using the Gigabeat software. I reinstalled the firmware but it still doesn't work.
Formatted using Windows the second time, and tried reinstalling the firmware, however now I am stuck with a 0000020 error, as well as it not shutting down using the button, I have to switch off the battery (this has been happening since it first started giving me errors, if that helps). Help? I've looked at many forums, and would hopefully like to just run Rockbox. Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 PM

Ok I fixed it. I had to do a long format using the Gigabeat formatting tool, not the "quick format". I formatted it, checked to make sure the firmware was there, safely disconnected the Gigabeat I believe, then shut it off, shut off the battery, turned it back on and turned on the player. At first it would try to boot into Rockbox but the Rockbox files weren't there, so I reinstalled it and it works.