android
Old 03-25-2009, 11:16 AM

Default New Fuze user.

Hello everyone, name is serialtoon and im located in SoCal. Being from Socal i had my car broken into and someone stole my previous PMP which was a Zune30. I loved it to death and had it since day one, but it was dying on me so the thieve took a deathbed ridden Zune :-).

So that brings me to abi, where i decided to look around for a new MP3 player. Im not one who is loyal to one brand or one style so i looked at anything that might tickle my fancy. Ive been using my G1 as a music player for the time being but lets just say its not the greatest. So i decided to do some research and found the Sandisk Fuze. The main reason i wanted this is due to the fact that i have an 8GB microHCSD card and i wanted a player that can use the extra space as one whole drive. My girlfriend has a Creative Zen and the player itself doesnt see the removable storage as one whole drive, its either you play it from the removable drive or the internal memory. Based on the reviews ive seen from this site and some of the topics people have created, the Fuze does use the removble drive and the internal memory as one. So that was enough for me to make a purchase. I got it on newegg.com as a recertified product for 39$ with free shipping. It is the 4GB model and i think it should arrive today, or tomorrow.

One question i do have is this, how does the unit charge? USB or proprietary cable? Also, whats the battery life? I plan to use it in my car everyday and sometimes when i go walking at the beach. Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-25-2009, 11:38 AM

Proprietary USB.

That's how I charge mine and it works well. Several ABI users use a USB wall charger or a USB car charger though, and they charge faster and let you listen to the player while you charge. Oh, and I get two work days of battery life for music, unless I turn the screen on a lot. Video is way less, obviously.

Welcome to ABI!

Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM

Well i only put an album on and drive about 15 minutes to the office, so i think it will last longer than 2 days for me. Cant wait to receive it!

Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 AM

Battery life is claimed to be 24 hours music/4 hours video. For the brief time I owned a Fuze, I can confirm that the 24 hour music time is accurate, if played on the lowest volume setting with no blacklight usage (i.e., just letting it cycle through music on its own). If you skip around a lot to different tracks, it might be ~12-14 hours of music between charges. If you don't skip much, maybe 18 or more hours.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

if you are only using it for around 15min a day, it should last a week (7 day week, not work week) on medium volume, and low back light. i know because i use it for around the same time as you (15 min to school and back), and i fiddle around with it a lot, and it will last me a week.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiouswonderer View Post
if you are only using it for around 15min a day, it should last a week (7 day week, not work week) on medium volume, and low back light. i know because i use it for around the same time as you (15 min to school and back), and i fiddle around with it a lot, and it will last me a week.
I usually throw on an album and let it play till i get home. I guess today is delivery day for me. Can't wait!