android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen > Zen Video

Old 10-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Correct. Adjusting the framerate is not an option when converting to WMV with AVC. By default it should be 29.97, which should work just fine.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM

Using AVC then BobbyRS, is it possible to convert a file into another type of file that will be playable on the Zen? I've tried AVi, but when I tried to convert this onto the Zen, I had an error message.

edit....I am able to change the PFS on this option.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

AVI and WMV will work just fine depending on the settings you specify (see Zen FAQ or the this thread from the start).

Zen FAQ

Old 10-24-2008, 03:31 PM

does anyone know what the mencoder command line for converting to wmv with standard zen settings would be? I am so happy to have found this forum and the anyvideoconverter. before, ALL videos I converted to avi had the progressive audio sync issue. AVC converts to wmv and it works!

Now I'd like to be able to automate this process using a command line version of AVC (which just uses mencoder, right?) Or, is there another way to automate the process to convert a video each night?

Thanks for all your help!

PS. I wish there was somewhere in AVC that would just show you what the command line sent to mencoder was for the settings you have set up.

John

Old 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangelj View Post
does anyone know what the mencoder command line for converting to wmv with standard zen settings would be? I am so happy to have found this forum and the anyvideoconverter. before, ALL videos I converted to avi had the progressive audio sync issue. AVC converts to wmv and it works!

Now I'd like to be able to automate this process using a command line version of AVC (which just uses mencoder, right?) Or, is there another way to automate the process to convert a video each night?

Thanks for all your help!

PS. I wish there was somewhere in AVC that would just show you what the command line sent to mencoder was for the settings you have set up.

John

Someone has to have figured this out. I have been trying on/off for several days, but haven't got it down yet. Man, mencoder has LOTS of command line switches to decipher

If anyone has suggestions, post 'em. If I find a solution, I'll post it.
John

Old 10-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

According to this person here, this is what AVC sends to Mencoder for FLV files:

Quote:
-mc 0 -vf scale=320:240,harddup -ofps 25 -srate 44100 -oac mp3lame -lameopts vbr=2:q=8:aq=1:br=96 -ovc lavc -of lavf -lavfopts format=flv -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=236:mbd=2:mv0:trell:v4mv:cbp:l ast_pred=3

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 10:13 AM

For everyone with FLV video's:

go to www.file2hd.com copy and past the youtube url in the search bar, select movies, check agree and click ok
then rightmouse click on the .mp4 version and save
This way you'll get the better quality version from youtube, just better quality always worth it:P

@ the avc, my movie gets 1000 fps, how can I change that? and I can't seem to stop the encoding proces other then task manager end task!!!!

Last edited by Titus; 11-19-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, the MP4 may help if the video is actually of higher quality. Thanks for the link.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-23-2008, 10:05 AM

Tried Downloading/Converting from youtube with this thing but it cut the video off half way through

Old 11-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With what "thing" MepsiPax?

Zen FAQ

Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Help AVC Converter, am I doing somethng wrong?

I set up the converter last night to convert a movie. It was an AVI movie. I wanted to convert it to .wmv for my Creative Zen. I set the settings like someone else had suggested in the first few posts of this thread. After 8 hrs it was only at 10%. It's a 2-3/4 hr long movie. I was putting onto an 8gb sdhc card. I don't know exactly how much copied over, as when I played it in my zen it gave no time limit how long it was after partial conversion.

Am I doing something wrong? Your post said it took like 5 mintues to convert a 30 min. video, so this should have taken about 1/2 hr.

I'm not new to converting movies and "everything that goes with it". Is there anything I can do differently. I'm sorry, I closed the program before I checked what I had everything set at. I also noticed, I can't "stop" the conversion, I have to shut down the program from Ctrl-Alt-Delete in Processes. !?!?!

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

A movie that long will take some time to convert. Did you output the converted file to the SD card? If so, do not do this. It will be much slower. Have the file converted to a location on the hard drive and then move over to the SD card when completed (and tested to work). Also, if you didn't allow for the entire video to be converted properly, the duration can easily show incorrectly.

There are too many other factors involved with file conversions to be able to give you a standard conversion time. Everyone's computer is different and contains different hardware that can easily effect conversion time.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-01-2009, 01:15 AM

omg the converter works. Thanks SOOO MUCH!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahsta View Post
omg the converter works. Thanks SOOO MUCH!!!
No problem. Welcome!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 AM

Default Help using Media Coder

I've tried to get wmv's from media coder using all the suggested settings but the Zen refuses them all. Media Coder does have a sh*tload of switches to set, so I guess there's one that's wrong in there somewhere. AVC is great, except it squishes all movies that aren't 4:3 - and that's not good!

Old 11-16-2011, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
I've tried to get wmv's from media coder using all the suggested settings but the Zen refuses them all. Media Coder does have a sh*tload of switches to set, so I guess there's one that's wrong in there somewhere. AVC is great, except it squishes all movies that aren't 4:3 - and that's not good!
If you don't want AVC to "squish all the movies that aren't 4:3", click Edit > Options... > Video and under Video Resize deselect Expand to Frame size, Fit to width or Fit to height.

Also, my AVC conversion setting when converting low quality avi files:
Customized AVI movie (*.avi)
Video Codec: xvid
Frame size: 320x240
Video Bitrate: 768
Video Framerate: 25
Audio Codec: mp3
Audio Bitrate: 128
Sample Rate: 44100
Audio Channel: 2
Disable Audio: no
A/V Sync: Default (if i set it to Basic when converting low quality avi files (350MB - 55 min, unconverted), the video audio goes out of sync)

I was using Customized WMV movie (*.wmv) previously, but wmv takes double as long to convert (i only convert avi files) and has worse quality (the colors aren't as bright) even though its size is considerably smaller (wmv - 200MB, avi -300MB).

Old 11-16-2011, 01:50 AM
Administrator

Did you notice the date on this over 2 year old thread? Please don't bump open another old thread.