android
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Default new owner fumbling around

I realize I'm just another new owner with simple questions that have obvious answers, so I'll try to keep this brief for all of you.

I bought an 8GB fuze earlier today, brought it home, and have no idea what to do now. The CD that came with it is for Best Buy's online distribution scheme (yes, I bought it at Best Buy. It was actually a decent price and better than waiting three days for an online order to be shipped). What should I use to sync the fuze with my PC? I've heard that Media Monkey and Winamp are good programs, but I've never used either of them. Which would be easiest to use?

Also, it seems as though the fuze already has a handful of songs on it, as well as a video (seems like a music video). Did Best Buy screw me over, or is it supposed to have some media on it out of the box?

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a new name View Post
I realize I'm just another new owner with simple questions that have obvious answers, so I'll try to keep this brief for all of you.

I bought an 8GB fuze earlier today, brought it home, and have no idea what to do now. The CD that came with it is for Best Buy's online distribution scheme (yes, I bought it at Best Buy. It was actually a decent price and better than waiting three days for an online order to be shipped). What should I use to sync the fuze with my PC? I've heard that Media Monkey and Winamp are good programs, but I've never used either of them. Which would be easiest to use?

Also, it seems as though the fuze already has a handful of songs on it, as well as a video (seems like a music video). Did Best Buy screw me over, or is it supposed to have some media on it out of the box?

Any help would be appreciated.
Take a look through this to begin with user's guide
and then look at this .

Old 04-01-2009, 08:08 PM

Thanks. I knew there would be an obvious solution, WMP11 will do fine for me. But the other problem I have is the music already on the Fuze.

Here's a list of the songs on it. Are these supposed to be on a brand new fuze?

Women Wine and Song by Umphreys McGee
Even Rats by The Slip
Major & Minor by The Procession
Highway Appeal by The Carolina Movement
Next Time by Stroke9
Wax Museum by The Red Thread
Little Black Backpack by Stroke9
Leaving Hollywood by Recliner
Fumaza by LosPinguos
Swingset Chain by Loquat
Angel by The Jones Gang
Morning After by Kevin Carlberg
You Closer by Gretchen Lieberum
Danny Boy by Franc D'Ambrosio
The Music by Felonious
Mona Lisa by Chris Clouse
Starting to Turn by Andew Paul Woodworth
Clobblestoned Waltz by Alias & Ehran
Babylon of the Orient by The Shanghai Restoration Project

I just want to make sure I wasn't ripped off with a cleverly packaged return. Best Buy doesn't have the best of reputations (in my experience at least), and they've been caught doing this sort of thing several times before.

There is nothing else to suggest it could have been a return (the packaging was as difficult to open as any new gadget should be, All the necessary paperwork was there, the headphones and sync cable were there, so on and so forth), if it was a return I'd be very surprised, but I just want to make sure.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 PM

Those songs were on my Fuze too, as well as some photos. They put the songs on there to promote Rhapsody, I think. I didn't like them, so I formatted them into oblivion!

Old 04-01-2009, 08:13 PM

OK, that's a load off my mind. Thanks a bunch.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Those songs also came on my clip and my e280 i just deleted them