android
Old 04-06-2009, 09:07 PM

Default The View and The E3

Anyone run this pair? To my ears, the fiio sounds better paired to the View than the Godly Fuze and Clip, which is pretty much sacrilege around these parts . Just curious if it's just my weird ears or if anyone else has noticed how good the View actually sounds paired to the E3.

Last edited by fhantazm; 04-07-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Thats why I stopped hanging around audiophiles and sound experts. They actually wanted to tell me what should or shouldn't sound good to ME.

My old Sansa m250 with a decent set of earbuds sounded great to me but I had someone try to convince me that based on the hardware and specs it sounded bad. I learned to not argue and just enjoyed it until the headphone jack died.

Commit your sacrilege and enjoy your setup. Your music, your player and your ears should equal YOUR listening pleasure.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 AM

LOL. I agree with everything you said. Some of the stuff the "audiophiles" come up with is down right ridiculous. Not saying all are, but the internet wannabe audiophiles unfortunately make up a majority as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Thats why I stopped hanging around audiophiles and sound experts. They actually wanted to tell me what should or shouldn't sound good to ME.

My old Sansa m250 with a decent set of earbuds sounded great to me but I had someone try to convince me that based on the hardware and specs it sounded bad. I learned to not argue and just enjoyed it until the headphone jack died.

Commit your sacrilege and enjoy your setup. Your music, your player and your ears should equal YOUR listening pleasure.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've never had a chance to try a View, but that's cool if a little $10 device helps it out. I use both the E3 and E5 all the time(not together, of course) lol

Old 04-07-2009, 11:14 AM

hehe. I had a view, but I didn't like it..... Never got a chance to try it with my e3 (which I think I lost :[).

Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM

I've got a View and an E5. I like that combo better than the E5 with my Fuze (I use one of Gary's PA2V2s with the Fuze and a homemade LOD.) But I hardly use the View any more... I will say that I agree with those who say the Fuse has better SQ.
"Personal preference is EVERYTHING in audio" is my slogan. You find what you like and use it. If you want to keep looking for something "better", go for it, but keep both hands on your wallet!!!

Old 04-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Roger that. I have multiple Fuzes and Clips, along with a Sony E-Series and still prefer the View over them. I can't quite place my finger on why, tho. I think it has to do with the form factor and screen, as without the E3, the SQ is a bit below that of the others, albeit not by much.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:39 AM

If you like the E3, give the E5 a try... it's a real upgrade to the E3 in every aspect, and the bass boost is pretty much the same (although selectable).

Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
If you like the E3, give the E5 a try... it's a real upgrade to the E3 in every aspect, and the bass boost is pretty much the same (although selectable).
Thats what I hear(no pun intended). I wanted to try the E3 first, as its cheap as dirt, to make sure I liked it (I do). I will definitely be ordering the E5 later this week. I know on paper, the E5 has double the power, but does this translate to real-world loudness? Do you notice the difference, say with a set of 32ohm cans?

On a side note, I'm in the US and ordered from headdirect and wholeheartedly recommend them.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:51 AM

I really don't use amps for volume boosting (I listen at very quiet levels) but I guess the E5 can go louder than the E3. The E5 has much less hiss, and way better THD/IMD than the E3... and you can hear it. Only the channel separation/stereo crosstalk isn't fixed... other amps are still better in that aspect. But for 20 bucks the E5 sure doesn't have to be afraid to be compared to "real" amps.

More here, including RMAA tests: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=34

Old 04-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhantazm View Post
Thats what I hear(no pun intended). I wanted to try the E3 first, as its cheap as dirt, to make sure I liked it (I do). I will definitely be ordering the E5 later this week. I know on paper, the E5 has double the power, but does this translate to real-world loudness? Do you notice the difference, say with a set of 32ohm cans?

On a side note, I'm in the US and ordered from headdirect and wholeheartedly recommend them.
I wouldn't say it will make your headphones twice as loud, but that would be harmful to your ears anyway. Either one will play my music to uncomfortably loud levels on any of my headphones. The switchable bass boost is really nice though, for different headphones, or styles of music even.

Also, unless you have rechargeable AAA's for the E3, you'll end up buying batteries, especially if you forget to unplug the phones (it can happen to any of us). If you have a wall charger for your Clip, it will work for the E5 too.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I wouldn't say it will make your headphones twice as loud, but that would be harmful to your ears anyway. Either one will play my music to uncomfortably loud levels on any of my headphones. The switchable bass boost is really nice though, for different headphones, or styles of music even.

Also, unless you have rechargeable AAA's for the E3, you'll end up buying batteries, especially if you forget to unplug the phones (it can happen to any of us). If you have a wall charger for your Clip, it will work for the E5 too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
I really don't use amps for volume boosting (I listen at very quiet levels) but I guess the E5 can go louder than the E3. The E5 has much less hiss, and way better THD/IMD than the E3... and you can hear it. Only the channel separation/stereo crosstalk isn't fixed... other amps are still better in that aspect. But for 20 bucks the E5 sure doesn't have to be afraid to be compared to "real" amps.

More here, including RMAA tests: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...5&postcount=34
Cool. I didnt really expect it to be twice as loud, but was curious if it (the E5) did add a noticeable amount of volume over the E3(which, btw is plenty loud). And I am definitely using a rechargeable AAA in the E3. Ive already drained one by leaving my phones plugged in. I just ordered the E5(coudnt wait. lol) so it should be here Monday'ish. Thanks to both of you for your input.