android
Old 02-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Default The sony walkman nwz e436f rocks

I got this for christmas the best mp3 ever i recommend this to everyone!
It is really a amazing player better than ipod!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Comparing it to the s-series, here's a couple of questions I've been unable to get answered:

1) Does it startup instantly like the s-series, or does it rebuild the menu structure at startup everytime?

2) How is the FM reception for pulling in stations from out of the area? (> 30 miles)

Thanks!

Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM

kk
1) it does start up quickly from where you where last! like the s seris
2) The FM RECEPTION IS GREAT! FANTASTIC IT PICKS UP ALOT OF STATIONS!

Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 PM

I too own an e436f and I don't completely agree with the last comments. Most of the time when it switches on there is a short pause and the screen says Building library or somesuch. However this loading time is fairly short.

Also, I think the FM reception is mediocre. The station quality and number is not great. The FM tuner for me is the most disappointing part of the player.

Having said that, I still think it's a great player mainly because of the high quality screen which plays videos very well.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad ford View Post
I too own an e436f and I don't completely agree with the last comments. Most of the time when it switches on there is a short pause and the screen says Building library or somesuch. However this loading time is fairly short.

Also, I think the FM reception is mediocre. The station quality and number is not great. The FM tuner for me is the most disappointing part of the player.

Having said that, I still think it's a great player mainly because of the high quality screen which plays videos very well.
LOL r u kidding i thonk THE RADIO ROCKS! E SERIS IS THE BEST I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonywalkman101 View Post
LOL r u kidding i thonk THE RADIO ROCKS! E SERIS IS THE BEST I WOULD RECOMMEND IT!
LOL clearly the E series is the best. That's way it hasn't got all those extra features that 'clutter up' the S series and make it work and sound better......

Old 02-04-2009, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshie View Post
lol clearly the e series is the best. That's way it hasn't got all those extra features that 'clutter up' the s series and make it work and sound better......
agreed the e seris rocks the best walkman ever!

Old 02-26-2009, 02:15 AM

I cannot disagree more. I had an old ipod (sorry for that) and it was far better than my sony.

- Start-up after power saving mode is outrageously slow
- Navigation in menu is outrageously slow (it is even freezing sometimes for several seconds)
- Provided software are really poor
- FM Station memorization is poor
- Sound volume is low
- EQ is poor
- Transfert speed and sync speed is far below what my ipod could do

S Serie is far better (half of this drawbacks are not on it) and I am sure there are many better players out their. (but I have to admit sound and screen quality are good)

Old 04-08-2009, 09:58 AM

i don't have much experience with these players, but have an e-series. i like it ok, but there are some issues, like the 'creating library' startup thing...low volume, too. but i like it well enough. the fm radio picks up stations well enough, but the headphone cord/antenna is really sensitive. nice enough player.