android
Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Banned

Default Question about charging new ZVM

Hi, I just got a refurbished ZVM from Creative, and prior to this I had a Zen MicroPhoto, and sold it for parts/repair on Ebay after it died,and didn't sell the Creative AC/USB charger that I had been using for it, because a customer service person at Creative had told me I could use it to charge the ZVM when I got it, via the sync adapter.I tried doing that a while ago, and it didn't seem to be going anywhere as far as charging. I had the charging icon on the screen for a while, then it disappeared, but the blue light was still blinking. I went and borrowed my wife's actual ac adapter that she uses for her ZVM, and when I plugged it in, the ZVM powered up right away, and continued charging, but it was very low. I powered it off, and now it seems to be charging fine. My question is, did I do any harm using my ac/usb charger plugged into the usb port on the sync adapter? From what I was reading at the Creative site, they don't recommend it. It wasn't some third party charger, it's a Creative, but an AC/USB charger.It was plugged in like that for a couple hours. I sure hope not. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by acillatem; 04-07-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 PM

You probably didn't do any damage to the player. I also have the creative charger. If I use the usb adapter that came with the charger, my ZVM won't charge. However, when i use the round connector on the charger i have no problems charging. I know there's no problem with the dongle adapter because my ZVM charges when docked to my computer. My daughter uses my charger (with the usb adapter) to charge her 2GB Zen. I hope this helps.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware74b View Post
You probably didn't do any damage to the player. I also have the creative charger. If I use the usb adapter that came with the charger, my ZVM won't charge. However, when i use the round connector on the charger i have no problems charging. I know there's no problem with the dongle adapter because my ZVM charges when docked to my computer. My daughter uses my charger (with the usb adapter) to charge her 2GB Zen. I hope this helps.
Thanks! I ended up calling Creative, and the guy told me basically the same thing.....it won't hurt it, it doesn't have what it takes to charge the ZVM, so it would just sit there and keep trying, but cause no harm. I ordered the real deal.....the Gomadic brand one that my wife has, so it's all good.