android
Old 04-13-2009, 03:54 AM

Unhappy Bricked c240! Anything helps!

Okay, I've done almost everything what that forum told me to do. And anything happened. That's my problem:

1. My Sansa c240 after 1 year of good use, started to freeze after "refresh database" (When I pulled out my SD card, it was freezing on welcome screen)
2. My computer doesen't recognize it, USB charger does, but when it freezes, stop to charge.
3. I tried recovery mode and new firmware. Nothing happened. Any of those downgradings, upgradings. Nothing.
4. My dad formatted 16-MB partition (Don't ask why and how -,-)
5. After formatting everything in recovery mode was alright! O_O
6. Then I copied-and-pasted new firmware, and got only "Invalid Image" information.
7. I've done the same with american version of firmware, and...
8. Now I've got the same problem as at the beginning, but player is not freezing. It's turning off.

In manufacturing mode, my computer sees it, but can't do anything (It tells me that new hardware is plugged, but doesen't show it in My Computer and can't install it -,-)

What can I do to fix it? Is there any way to format main partition (with songs) from recovery mode?
My parents can't repair it, my warranty is gone.

PS: Can it freeze because of that my dad was doin' something inside of my sansa (he was repairing earplug jack)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
In manufacturing mode, my computer sees it, but can't do anything (It tells me that new hardware is plugged, but doesen't show it in My Computer and can't install it -,-)
1) Manufacturer mode can't be used in Windows.
2) Even in linux it won't show up as a drive.

Take a look at the e200unbrick guide in the rockbox wiki. It explains how to do this.

Tags
bricked, c2400, freeze, sansa, turning off