android
Old 04-21-2009, 09:03 AM

Default System Not able to Detect the Player

Hello All,

I bought the Zen Vision M:60 GB but unfortunetly i am not able to transfer the data from my laptop to my Player.

I am Currently using Windows XP with SP2 and WMP 10.

Whenever i plugged my device in USB, System sometimes says

Device attached to this computer is Malfunctioned and Windows is not able to detect that

and sometime system doesn't even give that message .

I am very frustrated from this player in terms of transferring the data from laptop to my player.

If i go to Device manager also the system is not listed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sonu

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-26-2009, 12:18 PM

First: download SP 3 to WinXP. Second: make sure the ZVMs battery is fully charged. Third: what ZVM firmware do you have? Are you sure you have the right one? Firmwares are different depending if you have the 30gb or the 60 gb.

Get back to me about this and I'll try my best to help you.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAngel View Post
First: download SP 3 to WinXP. Second: make sure the ZVMs battery is fully charged. Third: what ZVM firmware do you have? Are you sure you have the right one? Firmwares are different depending if you have the 30gb or the 60 gb.

Get back to me about this and I'll try my best to help you.
It should be fine with the Service pack that is already installed.When the player is not recognized by the computer the one thing you can Not do is RELOAD FIRMWARE so don't even think about it. Try using a different cable another usb port, no usb hubs(may not supply enough power) on desktops use rear usb ports,Boot to recovery mode & do a Cleanup>Reboot on the player. you will need 50% battery power to do it.http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ap&thread.id=3

Old 04-27-2009, 01:03 AM

Download SP 3 anyway, it's the newest one and it's always good to get the updates. Look up what firmware you have, if it's the newest one or not, if it's the right one or not. Otherwise I say the same as coachop94: try other usb ports, make sure the battery holds enough power.
Wouldn't a cleanup of the ZVM delete everything? Or am I getting confused here maybe? :s

Old 04-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Download SP 3 anyway, it's the newest one and it's always good to get the updates. Look up what firmware you have, if it's the newest one or not, if it's the right one or not. Otherwise I say the same as coachop94: try other usb ports, make sure the battery holds enough power.
Wouldn't a cleanup of the ZVM delete everything? Or am I getting confused here maybe? :s
Cleanup will not erase anything. updating the firmware will. Since the player has problems being recognized erasing the firmware in an attempt to update the player would render the player useless & you cannot reload or update the firmware when it's not recognized.I say don't recommend solutions unless you Know the probable outcome & it won't cause another problem.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:48 AM

Jeez, sorry. I just tried to help. Thought I new the answer. No need to be so blunt.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Not a problem I am very blunt sometimes. People pay alot of hard earned money for these devices & I try not to give any suggestions that will possibly do more harm.operating system , service pack & version of WMP installed on a computer can determine what I may suggest to help. Go read about installing a firmware upgrade for a Zen Xtra or Touch. changing firmware is not always so easy & can brick the player if not done right.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:49 AM

I thought SonuGs problem sounded almost exactly like the problem I had with my ZVM, okay I was wrong. Maybe I didn't understand what SonuG wrote since I read it fast: I speak 3 languages and english is not my first one.
I am now leaving this thread: coachop94, maybe you should make sure that everyone understands that you are the one and only expert on these mp3s. That way noone else will waste time. Either that or work on your manners.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonuG View Post
Whenever i plugged my device in USB, System sometimes says

Device attached to this computer is Malfunctioned and Windows is not able to detect that

and sometime system doesn't even give that message .
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachop94 View Post
Try using a different cable another usb port, no usb hubs(may not supply enough power) on desktops use rear usb ports.
Also, try wriggling (softly) around the sync/cable/adapter. Does this affect its detection? I mean, does moving the sync adapter/cable slightly around allow it to be detected?
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Last edited by copeys; 04-27-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I thought SonuGs problem sounded almost exactly like the problem I had with my ZVM, okay I was wrong. Maybe I didn't understand what SonuG wrote since I read it fast: I speak 3 languages and english is not my first one.
I am now leaving this thread: coachop94, maybe you should make sure that everyone understands that you are the one and only expert on these mp3s. That way noone else will waste time. Either that or work on your manners.
I am not an expert but, I do try to fully read & understand the post before I answer.

Old 04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
Also, try wriggling (softly) around the sync/cable/adapter. Does this affect its detection? I mean, does moving the sync adapter/cable slightly around allow it to be detected?
Sometimes if the cable has a broken wire inside it or a pin in the adapter port is bent but not always.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:15 PM

SOOOOO sweet i have been trying t get my vision m to work on my moms new pc for days I thought i had tried everything After reading this thread all I did was plug it into the rear usb instead of the front and it worked it magic thank you thank you thank you

Old 04-28-2009, 02:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunechild View Post
SOOOOO sweet i have been trying t get my vision m to work on my moms new pc for days I thought i had tried everything After reading this thread all I did was plug it into the rear usb instead of the front and it worked it magic thank you thank you thank you
The front usb port may not be connected or it may not supply enough power to that port. rear ports on the motherboard itself. More reliable. Glad you benefited from the thread.