android
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM

Default Button control to skip to next song?

Hi - . I've had my Spinn for a couple of months, and I'm quite happy with it.

One small frustration has been that I can't figure out how to skip to the next song in my play list without using the touchscreen.

Is there any way to skip to the next song using any of the buttons? Otherwise I have to open up the case (I have a nice Noreve one) and try to hit a tiny part of the screen with my fingertip, and especially in the daytime outdoors that's pretty hard given that the screen is not too readable in daylight.

Thanks for any help or clarification.

G

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-30-2009, 07:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried spinning the spindle a click? I think there are options to change it's behaviour in the settings menu.

Old 04-30-2009, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the reply Olley.

From what I see in the Set menu, under "smart button", I can set the button press to "now playing", "Play/pause", "display orientation", "start/stop recording", "or Display on/of"

Those seem to be the only choices.

Rotating the knob while a song is playing advances the time into currently playing song, it does not move to the next song.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry, gylman. I spent the last half hour going through every setting and option, and it appears you've discovered at least one thing the SPINN could stand improvement with. I tend to use it with bluetooth headphones, and on the headphones both volume +/- and track +/- are available controls.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 PM

No worries. At least I know I am not becoming demented and missing something really obvious.

BTW, which bluetooth headphones do you use, and do you recommend them (or any other).

Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've got at least four different bluetooth headsets. Two are the simple ones that hang over the ear and wrap behind your head. Typically around $49. The ones I prefer are over ear padded headphones. My favorite are the Sony DR-BT50s. Second are the these JBL 610s. The JBLs came with an ipod bluetooth adapter which is convenient if you also own an ipod. You can also use them with an included patch cable if their battery runs down.
Either sounds great and both are comfortable to where. The Sonys have an extra menu control but so far I haven't found a device it works with. They also work with bluetooth capable cell phones.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:15 PM

Whoa. The Sony ones look huge.

The JBLs are more reasonable looking. Are they significantly lighter than the Sony?

They work out of the box with the Spinn? No extra dongles or anything required? And have a control on the headset that allows going to the next track?

If so, I might get me a set.

Cheers.
G

Old 05-01-2009, 12:27 AM

There IS a very easy way to use the spinn control to change track, press OPT in the music playing screen then scroll down, hit Time Scroll and check off, now you can use the spinn control to change track.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:59 AM

I AM DEMENTED after all.

Thanks! Exactly right. Woot!

G

Old 05-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gylman View Post
Whoa. The Sony ones look huge. The JBLs are more reasonable looking. Are they significantly lighter than the Sony?
You've been fooled by the photos. The headsets are almost identical in dimension. The Sonys fold up better. The Sony's weigh 6.3 ounces and the JBLs weigh 6.2. Both have track +/- controls as well as volume +/- controls on them. Both work with my SPINN.