android
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM

Default New owner quick questions: iPlayer/album art

Apologies if these are old questions, I kind of also just wanted to post a "hi I'm new here thread" too, so the questions are a bit of an excuse to say hi lol!
  • Anyone got theirs working with BBC iPlayer yet? There is a big "Works with iPlayer" sticker on the box but no instructions... anyone got any more info on this?
  • Album art - I buy all my music on CD and move to my MP3 player using Win Media player (historically at least). On my old player this seemed to take the album art over no probs. Looks like it is saved as a hidden file in the folder. Does that sound familiar? Anyway, I've moved my music over and the album art isn't being picked up - am I missing something here?
I also happen to run a site dedicated to the Samsung NC10 netbook (SammyNetbook.com) and as part of that a few people asked me to set up a wiki. This actually took the form of a broader Samsung Wiki. As such I plan to put up any info on the P3, how to guides, etc so this might be of interest to people here? Of course any contributions welcome, it's mostly me that writes for it ! Very much an amateur/hobby sort of site, I think it shows but I also like to think that's part of the cham ! I can see it being very strong for the few Sammy products I own and nothing else !

Cheers!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2009, 06:30 AM

Welcome Jezza! I've been using Media Monkey over the past few days to tag my music with art and sync it over, like I said elsewhere in the forum, it works a treat!

Old 05-08-2009, 07:19 AM

Thanks ananth! Media Monkey ay? I have heard of it, time to try out some new software perhaps. Must admit I just stuck to Win Media player as it did what I needed!

Thanks for the tip.

Anyone used BBC iPlayer yet?

Old 05-08-2009, 07:28 AM

The BBC iPlayer works fine. I just download them on my PC (portable file version) then drag them into the video folder on my P3 using windows explorer.

My album art works too if I go to music then albums on the P3.
Again I copy the music across to the P3 from my PC using Windows Explorer.

Hope this helps

Paul

Old 05-09-2009, 08:17 AM

remember to play the iplayer video first on the computer, just a few seconds then transfer to player, i had to use MTP vie WMP to get it to actually work and transfer license, also get the lower res one as even expanding them to fit the screen they are still excellent quality, will be quick to down load, transfer and wont take as much space, they play really well but can lose ausio sync every now and again, just FF for a sec to bring back inot line

Old 05-11-2009, 01:46 PM

BBC iPlayer just changed the download process so that you have to use a sort of external program to download content. Freqin annoying. I used it and tranferred a video but it didn't work. Will try maderin1s method in a bit to test it out. Pity because the old iPlayer you just downloaded it in your browser and it was there forever.

EDIT: Unfortunately everything I've tried with BBC iPlayer has failed. In fact I can't even get them to play in WMP, they only play in the iPlayer software. I always get an error message on my P3 whether its in MTP or UMS - I've tried downloading K-lite mega pack and setting up WMP to acquire licenses etc - I am using Windows 7 mind you, so that could be why.

The old iPlayer had different versions of files for 'portable devices' but this option no longer exists. Sucks!

Last edited by robjrock; 05-13-2009 at 09:15 AM.

Tags
samsung p3