android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2009, 07:35 PM

Default .ICO files for Windows (XP & Vista) Explorer

If you want your Cowon O2 player to show up in your explorer shell when you plug in the USB port, just follow the directions:

Open the attached .ZIP file. Extract the files called Autorun.ini and Cowon O2.ico to the root of your player. Of course your player must be in MSC format to do this.

Once extracted to the root folder of your O2, then unplug your device from the USB port. Wait for the refreshing of your files, or if it shuts down. Plug it back in again, and voila! You're up and running with your new icon in your window.

The area of your file explorer shell for Removable Storage should look similar to this:

Note: The Cowon S9 icon file is included with the ZIP file, in case you have both devices. You will then have to edit the Autorun.ini file when you drop it to your S9 to open the Cowon S9.ico file instead of the O2 file.

Happy computing!

What I did was use the app called IcoFX (free!). I then found some good quality (large) pictures of the Cowon O2, and the S9 on the web. Inserted each picture into a single ICO file multiple times with the program, so I would get the varying sizes:
256x256
128x128
48x48
32x32
24x24
16x16

Then saved the ICO file to my device, correctly edited the Autorun.ini file, and it worked.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cowon O2 & S9 Icons 256 to 16 pixels .zip (377.8 KB, 76 views)
Sandisk Sansa e280R - v1.0 + 2 ea (2 GB MicroSDHC)
Creative Zen Nano Plus (1GB)

Last edited by Shortly; 05-14-2009 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Clarified how I created the Icon files.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
explorer shell, o2, vista, windows, xp