android
Old 05-08-2009, 07:01 AM

Unhappy Problem with my O2 sd card compatibility

Hey guys!! I just got my O2 the other day with the a 16 gb Patriot class6 sd card. So i updated the firmware to 1.29, formatted the sd using SD Memory Card Formatting Software. But when i plug it in and try to connect to the sd, O2 gives me the message "connection failed". I try the Lexar 512mb sd and it work just fine, i even try to use the 16gb with my creative Zen and that works too. After hours of trying, i don't know what seem to be a problem here . Please help me out Y_Y.

Last edited by vicktnguyen; 05-08-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-14-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicktnguyen View Post
Hey guys!! I just got my O2 the other day with the a 16 gb Patriot class6 sd card. So i updated the firmware to 1.29, formatted the sd using SD Memory Card Formatting Software. But when i plug it in and try to connect to the sd, O2 gives me the message "connection failed". I try the Lexar 512mb sd and it work just fine, i even try to use the 16gb with my creative Zen and that works too. After hours of trying, i don't know what seem to be a problem here . Please help me out Y_Y.
Hi have you tried formating it in digital camera the sd card. Sometimes this even helps... something could be corrupted on it. this fixes it.

also might be uncompatible with it cause its class6 sd. But i seriously doubt that

Or what os are you using?

Just my 2 cents

Old 05-17-2009, 11:29 AM

I'm using a class 6 card in my O2. It's a 16gb Kinston, I think, or maybe a Sandisk. I forget which. I'm pretty sure I've used both of those in my O2, actually, and both are class 6.

Class shouldn't matter to a player. Of course we'e talking about finicky electronic stuff so "shouldn't" doesn't always mean "wouldn't".

Barry

Old 05-18-2009, 05:22 AM

I have three 32GB, and they are the class 6 Kingston and class 6 Patriot. No probs with mine. All three work.

Class just means how fast it will down/upload. Like the the Extreme III cards are really fast, and most generic will state the speed on the card. I don't think the class makes it uncompatible with your player. There is obviously something else.

Does the card work in your computer, or just not in your player. Try another device to see if it works in that. If it does work in other devices fine, then I would more than likely say it is the O2.
Sandisk Sansa e280R - v1.0 + 2 ea (2 GB MicroSDHC)
Creative Zen Nano Plus (1GB)

Old 05-20-2009, 06:18 PM

Slightly off topic, but does the Cowon o2 integrate the data on the SD cards with the internal memory data? Or is it like the creative zen that makes you access the SD card separate from the built-in memory?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthrsckmnd View Post
Slightly off topic, but does the Cowon o2 integrate the data on the SD cards with the internal memory data? Or is it like the creative zen that makes you access the SD card separate from the built-in memory?
Cowon has decided to not integrate their SD card slot with the internal memory. Since I own some Sansa players that did integrate their expandable microSDHC card memory, I thought this was going to be an issue for me with the Cowon player. I was wrong!

I actually enjoy separating the memories for multiple reasons:
  • Since I store different media on different cards, I can plug and play whatever I need without wondering if it will screw up my tag database.
  • If the card was integrated, the battery would probably drain faster since it does take more power to access the SD cards.
  • You can be sure where the files are you are accessing. There is no question where the files are. I love this! A whole lot better if you have a large music library and you store bunches of them on both internal and the SD card.
  • If I play most things from the internal memory, and only access the SD card's data periodically then I know my battery life will be extended.
  • Confusion is lessened since you will know if you're on the card or internal memory. A little icon indicates if you're on the card or not.
I personally think that it was genius to leave the internal and expandable memory separate. Also, since there is no MP3 Tag database refreshing everytime you insert a card, startups are a quick process. This would be extremely agonizing if you had a large music library on a card.

That's my 2 - for what it's worth.
Sandisk Sansa e280R - v1.0 + 2 ea (2 GB MicroSDHC)
Creative Zen Nano Plus (1GB)

Last edited by Shortly; 05-20-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Clarity