android
Old 05-08-2009, 05:51 AM

Default Software Idea

Recently, I bought the P3 to replace my P2 (my wife got the P2 heh heh).
With the P3, I really like the memo and calendar widgets but my feeling is the emodio software does not help to use these festures!

So... as I am a software developer, I thought i'd have a go at developing a software application for the PC to help use these features better.

My idea is to have an application where you can drag and drop text, memo or calendar events into the application and the files would then be automatically copied to the correct locations on the P3.

It would also automatically convert memo text files from ansi to UTP format. And i've noticed some calendar events are not compatible with the P3 so my application would convert these.

Originally I looked at bluetoothing the files to the P3 but at the moment any file transfer via bluetooth gets sent to a location called shared data. From here, you would have to then manually move the files to there appropiate locations.

It would be really great if Samsung could change its firmware so it would move files to there correct location based on file types.

I'm developing this application for my own personal use but let me know if anyone is interested in using it or making suggestions for other features.

Paul

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-08-2009, 08:17 PM

Paul, that sounds like a cool idea, I'd love to try out your customised software..if and when you deem it fit to be tested

Old 05-26-2009, 06:09 AM

I now feel this software is stable enough for others to try. Please remember though this is still in beta. Please give me your feedback including any ideas for features.
If you would like to try this software, please Private Mail and i'll send you details of where to download it.

Your PC will need to be running either Windows XP or Vista. You will also need .Net Framework 3.5. The application is about 17Mb in size so you will also need a fast broadband connection to download it.

What's P3BlueMan?
P3 Bluetooth Manager came about when I started looking at the Calendar, Memo and Text viewer on the P3. I thought "wouldn't it be cool to be able to automatically bluetooth file transfer files for events, memos or text files". I soon discovered that although Samsung were nearly there with the bluetooth file transfer, there is still a big issue as all transferred files can only be copied to a single directory on the P3 called shared data.
I'm sure Samsung will look at improving on this when they see the potential. So I have continued to develop my application idea but with the feature to transfer the infomation over the PC to P3 USB data cable.

What can P3BlueMan do?
On your PC, you can move Calendar events, text files, memo files and even PDF files into one central area. From here, the files will queued until the P3 is connected to the PC. Then the files will automatically be transferred to your PC into the correct locations (directories) on your P3.

But... there's more!
P3BlueMan will also convert Calendar event files so they can be read by the P3 calendar. Memo files will also be converted correctly from a standard ANSI format.

How can you read a PDF file on my P3 when it does not have a PDF Reader!
P3BlueMan automatically converts the pdf file to a text file. This will mean that no images from the pdf will be converted and the layout may not look very good.

I have P3BlueMan installed on my PC. How do I move files into it?
There are a number of ways that you can move files into P3BlueMan. If you are saving a file, then you can just save it into the directory that you declared in your folder paths under settings when you installed P3BlueMan.
If you minimize P3BlueMan, a P3 image will appear in the bottom right of your screen. Using windows explorer, you can drag and drop files from windows explorer to the P3 image.
To turn the P3 image on or off, simple single click on the taskbar icon in the botton right corner of your screen (next to your clock etc).
To return to the main window of P3BlueMan, simple double click the taskbar icon for P3BlueMan.

Paul

Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 AM

Wow this seems to be great

Old 05-26-2009, 08:22 AM

wow great idea man

Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM

Delete/Add icons like Widgets.

And OWN icons for like favourite music or something.. and more APPZ!
I want an APP Shop. My p3 is sooo emtpy ><

Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM

and then? would you like it to make popcornz?xD
for the own images you can create your own ucis and even for widgets and the app shop i think is not possible anyway...

Old 05-26-2009, 04:15 PM

Own UCis sux in my view.
No widgets menu. and the widgets sux in own ucis.
I prefer to use the original themes because YOU CAN MOVE iCONS and widgets everywhere and not like in ucis

Old 05-26-2009, 04:20 PM

if you can use flash 8 you can make everything but it's hard....but i think it's not so bad if you can't move icons or widgets...