android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 08-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello sanjosanjo. Welcome.

Yes, I believe both of those issues have been brought up in the past. Although technically, they aren't considered integration like most describe, but they are surely considered a lack of supporting features when in the SD card usage. Personally, I would like to have the ability to use the files on the SD card with the same feature set as internal files like:

- zooming on pictures, bookmarks, resume play, continued play while browsing (same with FM Radio playback), thumbnail view with pictures......

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM

I'd like to see a lyrics option embedded on to the mp3 file so when you flick through the ratings, album art etc. using the centre button there will be an extra one which will b the lyrics so you can sing along to it

Old 10-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, I don't believe any Zen series player supports displaying lyrics. Some of the older Muvo's did. However, they were a pain in the ass to work with. See here. Ouch!

Zen FAQ

Old 11-14-2008, 10:18 PM

I would like to see playlists store certain preferences related to that playlist, such as, playing at random or, from top to bottom one after the other. This would save me time having to adjust the shuffle when I listen to audiobooks playlists.

I also agree that SDHC card integration would rule.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3Mike View Post
This would save me time having to adjust the shuffle when I listen to audiobooks playlists.
Yeah, that would be a nice feature.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-11-2009, 05:00 AM

• I would like the option to manually override docking without having to half insert the usb plug or disable drivers on the pc. That way I can listen to it while it trickle powers off the laptop, and do cpu intensive tasks that won't interfere with music or vice versa.
  • I would like the option to have more screen space devoted to album graphics, perhaps by minimising the progress bar to the top, and making the font smaller to accomodate a larger album pic after a second or two, or by electing to keep the full graphic up without it reverting after a few seconds. Seems a shame to have 320x240 screen capable of showing 16.7 million colours and then scrimping on graphic options. Part of the pleasure of cds (and lps if like me you are old enough to remember) was the album cover.
  • Conversely I would like the option to have the back light permanantly on or off.
  • Screensavers.
  • I would like the radio to work properly (they patched this in the x-fi firmware update but it still isn't great, and zen users didn't even appear to get that patch.) and to be able to record from it. Audio-in (other than mic) would be good too. If the phone socket isn't reversible then it should be possible with a usb to phono adapter and the right software on board.
  • An in car option where it powers on or off with ignition, as well as duplicating audio out that is independant of the headphone settings, perhaps with louder default sound output in this setting, and its own eq settings. This would save having to reset settings and volume evertime you car from car unit to earphones and back again.
  • The opportunity to set clock display as a screensaver. You can already see an analogue clock if you manually drill to it. Would be cool to see it as a screensaver, also to have a little analogue clock on the main screen instead of digital.
  • The ability to import and export to/from the SD slot. I understand the market argument against seamless integration but it would be great to do this to add flexibility generally. It already has a limited ability to import pictures, so you can emplty your SD card in your camera while on holiday.
  • The ability to see video file details. (like file size, date added, codec used.) I know pics use exif and music uses ID3 but this would be a welcome option in the "view details" menu.
  • The ability to ffwd or rewind through a video without a blank screen (ie seeing the video in ffwd)
  • The ability to write simple memos and to-dos in the extras menu and attach an alarm to them.
As a separate thing entirely outside of creative's control, it would be great if airlines and bus /train companies added a USB power bus socket by each seat. (a bus on a bus?) On long haul this would be brilliant, as it would be very difficult to carry and install a spare battery for this player, though ttp://www.portablepowersupplies.co.uk/usbliionbatterypack.htm offer an option Perhaps this option already exists on planes and longdistance coaches, I don't fly much so don't know. Cool if it did.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Great suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawdrysinger View Post
See this post.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-24-2009, 10:10 AM

...Just some suggestions

1, Smoother UI (Important)

2, Support *.MP4 container, Reason: They officially claimed ZEN support MP4 container! (So, this should be a "bug fix"?)
Official Creative Video Encoding Guidelines , Page 6.

3, TXT support(just a simple job...)

3, Support AVC(H.264) (optional)

Last edited by ClonZa; 01-24-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClonZa View Post
...Just some suggestions

1, Smoother UI (Important)
I've heard a lot of talk regarding this about the Zen X-Fi, but not the regular Zen. All the Zen's I have seem to work smoothly. No real hesitation; responsive as much to not be a problem.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 PM

What is currently annoying me is auto resume on long tracks is not working when I dock to my PC.

1) Power down Zen half way through a play list. If powered back up then auto resume works just fine. - Handy for podcasts (Not zencasts)
2) Set bookmark half way through a podcast ready for step 5
3) Plug Zen into PC to add new music/charge battery/whatever
4) Unplug and switch off Zen
5) On the next start, the long track resets to the start. The Zen forgets where it was in the podcast.
5) Using the bookmark forgets the position in the playlist.

Or have I missed something?