android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman S Series

Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 PM

Default Playlist. Sry. I've looked and s638 still doesn't recognize.

Ok... i'm sure that many people have asked this question before... but i've searched and only found inquiries :/. No answers that work for me.

I sync my Sony S638 w/ Media Monkey; however, i've also tried "drag and drop" and my playlists will just not work. I've formatted, i've tried adding only one playlist at a time... nothing works... I just have a load of songs that are of random artists and albums... and its hard to find what i'm looking for when i forget the artist and song titles... since they're mix's ... Anybody know what i can do?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proximus View Post
Ok... i'm sure that many people have asked this question before... but i've searched and only found inquiries :/. No answers that work for me.

I sync my Sony S638 w/ Media Monkey; however, i've also tried "drag and drop" and my playlists will just not work. I've formatted, i've tried adding only one playlist at a time... nothing works... I just have a load of songs that are of random artists and albums... and its hard to find what i'm looking for when i forget the artist and song titles... since they're mix's ... Anybody know what i can do?
One thing you could try is to create playlists on the player itself. To do this do the following (I have a Sony NWZ-A818 player but it should work the same):
  • Connect your Walkman to your computer, open up Windows Explorer, and select your Walkman.
  • Select "Storage Media" >> "MUSIC"
  • Select the music files you want to put into a playlist and right-click on them.
  • Select "Create Playlist." A playlist with the default name of "New Playlist.pla" will appear in the folder. If desired, rename the playlist (leaving the extension unchanged).
A limitation I've had with this method is that I haven't found a way to make playlists containing music files from different folders.

Updated Information: It is possible to put songs from different folders into the same playlist. You just have to right-click on the playlist and drag-and-drop the files into the playlist.

I hope that helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Last edited by CDMP3PlayerFan; 07-22-2009 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Updated Information

Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 PM

Thx... but... when i do so.... i don't get any options for creating a playlist

Old 05-30-2009, 02:19 PM

When you're in My computer, do you see a little picture with your Walkman then when you click you see the removable disk or is it directly under Removable Disk, having its own drive letter?

One of my computer recognize the Walkman, which allow me to right click on songs and create a playlist, but the other doesn't, only sees it as removable disk. Therefor, I can't create a playlist on that one, it only shows what you only see normaly when you right-click on something. I have to find a way to create .pla playlists with a program. Foobar, Mediamonkey and winamp won't do it I've banned WMP from my computer.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:16 PM

Ya its under Removable Storage :/

I've converted my m3u's to .pla's .. but they still don't work... i'm so lost and kinda pissed atm... cuz i really like the player other than this problem.

EDIT!

Ok... so i connected the mp3 player to my sister's computer and it is recognized as an MTP device/ portable media player. When i right-click the music though... it still doesn't show an option to create a playlist. I have a feeling media monkey will sync the playlists and they will work... BUT ... i want it to work on my pc.... O.o

Last edited by Proximus; 05-30-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Old 05-30-2009, 04:27 PM

Try WalkmanMTP by Dr Zoidberg. It does playlists nicely:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...ght=WalkmanMTP

Old 05-30-2009, 04:30 PM

kk thx. I actually have that in my Bookmarks . Was a last resort. I'll try it now.

EDIT!!

Woot Woot! Fixed it. Updated some drivers for my pc... and now it works... O.o Windows recognizes it as an MTP device and it sync everything great! . Wish there was alphabetic scrolling w/ playlists too :/ but eh ... watcha gonna do.

Last edited by Proximus; 05-30-2009 at 04:56 PM.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
kk thx. I actually have that in my Bookmarks . Was a last resort. I'll try it now.

EDIT!!

Woot Woot! Fixed it. Updated some drivers for my pc... and now it works... O.o Windows recognizes it as an MTP device and it sync everything great! . Wish there was alphabetic scrolling w/ playlists too :/ but eh ... watcha gonna do.
Just two followup questions for clarification:
  • Once you updated the drivers did it give you the option to create playlists as described above?
  • Does your player now sync fully with MediaMonkey (including the playlists)?
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 05-31-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:

EDIT!!

Would you happen to know with driver it was, or someone else? I don't have a *hum* legit *hum* version of Windows and I can't go through automatic updates. The worst is, I have a CD-Key, but its for Pro SP1 and I don't care enough to find a CD for it.

I tried the Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit, but that wasn't it, since it does recognize the device after all, just not as being a Sony Walkman.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:15 PM

I updated the drivers for my media card reader. The unit in the front of my pc that has the sd/ usb/ other connections... and somehow that fixed every usb port in the pc... idk... doesn't make sense... but now it works...

and ya... your pc HAS TO recognize the device as an MTP Device (This will pop up on the player screen too. "Connected (MTP)"), otherwise Media Monkey etc will sync m3u files for playlists and even if you put .pla files into the player... it won't work... but it will sync music properly... so idk... it's all very strange...

Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Ya... my problematic computer doesn't say "Connected USB (MTP)", only "Connecting". I don't know where to look.

But I'm glad your problem is solved.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:49 PM

What kind of comp do u have? Is it prebuilt or a custom?

Old 06-07-2009, 02:07 PM

Its custom, but its pretty old.