android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 06-12-2009, 03:46 AM

Default Firmware Updates build to build or straight to final build?

Hello all. I just got my p3 yesterday. I must say I am impressed at its features and interface. I looked at several others such as Sony and Cowon. When I seen this one and read all the reviews I was sold on it. Very sleek design. Upon checking the firmware version I see that its 1.28 US. Samsung lists several update builds. Going from 2.07 to 2.10 to 2.14. So my question is, would it be better to go from my 1.28 to 2.07 and so on or would it be okay to go straight to the last 2.14? I know that sometimes builds have the previous fixes included but I dont know about mp3 players. I have had some programs want to go from build to build. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-12-2009, 04:09 AM

Technically speaking you should be able to skip straight to 2.14 without any problems.
However you may wish to 'try out' 2.07, since some members feel its the better firmware, as it has a couple of extra features.
IMHO, 2.14 is by far the best. I am willing to forgo a sketchbook and on screen volume control for a fast, smooth and very fun interface. And you can always load 2.07 at a later stage to see what your missing out on. So personally, I'd say get 2.14 on the sucker quick-smart!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:48 PM

yes, I would recomend just going right to 2.14 (that way, you don't know what features were took out since 2.07 because you never used them! )
2.14 is quite fast, and is pretty much as stable as it will ever be...

Old 06-12-2009, 08:03 PM

Thanks that's probably what i will do. I just didn't want to mess anything up. My last mp3 was a 2gb Sony walk man. Very straight forward, no frills or goody's. Tough as nails though. Just no room. Any of you wouldn't happen to know if 2.14 adds any more support for image files would you. It don't seem to like my jpg collection for some reason. Feared I might have to try and convert the whole lot. That's over 1 gig of work I could do without. Maybe perhaps one of you might know a trick or two? In the mean time I will download the firmware and update.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:57 AM

I have upgraded to new firmware version and I can tell a huge difference in interface. Going from one so low to one so new there is a big change in behavior. I would say that if you went from version to version you probably couldn't tell that much difference. I also got my pictures to work with a little work. I installed an xp power toy clone called image resizer. Very nifty creation. I had it on xp and found where it had been cloned for vista. Its identical in every way. Anyway, rotated my pictures for screen fit and resized them. Went by one the images from the P3 itself (480x272). Thanks for the input.