Originally Posted by sorvanetzsorv
In this approach you are using WMP to move your files to the Walkman. I'd like to simply drag and drop my mp3 files and the m3u file in Windows Explorer to the player, without relying on WMP. But the player does not recognize the playlist as the other players would do. Any idea how to do that?
There is a way to make playlists on your Walkman without using Windows Media Player. To do so, do the following (from what I understand, this only works if your player is configured for MTP):
- Connect your Walkman to your computer.
- Access your player via Windows Explorer.
- Select Storage Media >> MUSIC
- While in the MUSIC folder, select the file/files you want in your playlist.
- Right click on one of the selected files. A menu will appear, and one of the items is "Create Playlist." Select that item.
- A playlist named "New Playlist.pla" will appear in the folder. The playlist will contain the file/files that you selected. If desired, you can rename the playlist, but leave the .pla extension unchanged.
Once created, you can open the playlist by right clicking on it. From there you can add files on your player to the playlist by dragging and dropping them into the playlist window, delete files from the playlist, and reorder the files in the playlist.
I hope that helps.