android
Old 01-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Default Tutorial: How to create a Playlist on E & S-Series

Here is my tutorial on how to place a "Playlist" onto your E and/or S-Series Walkman. Some of you might of been frustrated because you can't "Drag'n'Drop" you music files into a "Playlist."

I only figured it out on Windows Media Player that was placed onto my computer but I think it would be the same for other Applications given on the CD Software.

Hope this helps ;D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.Plug in your E and/or S-Series into your computer.

2.Open up Windows Media Player.

3.Go to your library (Top of Windows Media Player) and create a Playlist.

4.After you created your Playlist, you won't be able to drag you music files from (ex. D/Music/T.I - Live Your Life) to your Playlist on Windows Media Player.

-- Note: If you want to place these music files in other Folders into your Playlist then you would need to right click the music file and click "Add to Windows Media Player List"

Or if you already have all your music on Window Media Player (Under Library) then you would just need to drag it from there into your Playlist Folder.

5. After adding all your chosen music to your Playlist, you will need to drag it to the right side of Window Media Player where it says "Sync"

6. After dragging it, you will need to click Sync button where it will be added to your E and/or S-Series Walkman

7. After it's done it will say you can now disconnect your "Walkman."

8. Turn on your walkman and go to "Playlist" and you will see all your chosen music files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If there are any fixtures or errors then leave a comment and I'll try to get to it as fast as I can.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2009, 08:03 PM

In this approach you are using WMP to move your files to the Walkman. I'd like to simply drag and drop my mp3 files and the m3u file in Windows Explorer to the player, without relying on WMP. But the player does not recognize the playlist as the other players would do. Any idea how to do that?
Many thanks!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvanetzsorv View Post
In this approach you are using WMP to move your files to the Walkman. I'd like to simply drag and drop my mp3 files and the m3u file in Windows Explorer to the player, without relying on WMP. But the player does not recognize the playlist as the other players would do. Any idea how to do that?
Many thanks!

Hey, I'm pretty noob at this but I only figured how to use it for WMS.

What I found out thought it just added folders to my MUSIC FOLDER with the track artist name on it and when you click into the folder it will show the album folder and inside it were my playlist song.

ex. Sony Walkman/MUSIC/T.I/BENJAMIN-PC/T.I Ft. Rihanna - Live you Life.mp3

So I figured if I just added music to those according folder with drag n drop it would show on my playlist and the good new is that it worked.

So what im saying is that, method would probably work but im not a 100% sure.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 AM

This is the closest thread I can find to what is my problem. All I want is to have four folders on my E438F, one for my rock stuff, and one each for my 60s, 70s & 80s respectively, so that I can tune in to whatever vibe I'm feeling at the time. I copied a big folder of rock songs to it no problem, but when I did the same with my 80s tracks, for some reason all the songs have been separated into sub folders depending which album they originally appeared on, so I have about 30 folders each with some songs in it, and can't just open my 80s and play those. Any suggestions? Or does doping it as described above solve the problem?

Bear in mind I'm a silver surfer (almost!) and try to keep it simple! Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 AM

I use this to create playlists. Pretty handy. I think it's been referred to on these forums.

WalkmanMTP_0.4.1.2 (Google it!)

Or

http://code.google.com/p/walkmanmtp/...2.zip&can=2&q=

Old 06-15-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvanetzsorv View Post
Many thanks!
There is a way to make playlists on your Walkman without using Windows Media Player. To do so, do the following (from what I understand, this only works if your player is configured for MTP):
  • Connect your Walkman to your computer.
  • Access your player via Windows Explorer.
  • Select Storage Media >> MUSIC
  • While in the MUSIC folder, select the file/files you want in your playlist.
  • Right click on one of the selected files. A menu will appear, and one of the items is "Create Playlist." Select that item.
  • A playlist named "New Playlist.pla" will appear in the folder. The playlist will contain the file/files that you selected. If desired, you can rename the playlist, but leave the .pla extension unchanged.
Once created, you can open the playlist by right clicking on it. From there you can add files on your player to the playlist by dragging and dropping them into the playlist window, delete files from the playlist, and reorder the files in the playlist.

I hope that helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro