android
Old 06-16-2009, 03:25 AM

Default I'm thinking I should just give up waiting

It doesn't seem like the 32 GB P3 will be releasing in the U.S. anytime soon, so I'm thinking about getting the 32 GB S9 instead. Can anyone here that has used both vouch for going for the S9 or should I just keep waiting it out for the P3(any suggestion is fine, but from what I hear, P3 and S9 are most similar)?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-16-2009, 03:35 AM

there abilities are very soimilar indeed, the P3 has a lot more solid feel than the S9 player, the S9 is quite light and feels a litle cheap to me but its a damn fine player

i have had both (S9 briefly) and both have their pluses and minuses , the S9 is way better looking thought not as sexy in real life it still out LOOKS the P3, the P3 is solid built and in the UK at least, is a hell of a lot cheaper, i know this issue is not so great in the US

if you can only get the S9 then, if it works out at a similar price then get it, you wont be disappointed in am sure, but i will say that when you hold it, it feels totally different that it lok (if that makes sense)

i would have the S9 again if it were a reasonable prive over here in blighty

one thing i miss froim the S9 is the massive moding community, the player has big potential for making cuton user interface s and changing functionality etc, the P3 is minimal on that front, as i love to tinker the P3 is a let down here, the S9 is streets ahead in the modding game

good luck but if you cant wait then the S9 is a damn fine alternative - oh and the screen is OLED, brighter and crisper than the P3, but not by too much and does increase battery life to

Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maderin1 View Post
there abilities are very soimilar indeed, the P3 has a lot more solid feel than the S9 player, the S9 is quite light and feels a litle cheap to me but its a damn fine player
Not wanting to derail the thread but how does the S9 compare sound wise to P3?

Old 06-16-2009, 04:02 AM

for me personally i prefer the core sound of the P3 (which still is not as good as my meizu M6 ), they both are excellent on sound so there is no question there, problem is that its such a personal thing, some will shout the P3 is better, some will shout the S9 is better, its so personal that its hard to answer these questions really

at the end of the day they are both excellent and both have many tweaking options and customizations you can make to the sound, get either and you will like them, if you are extremely picky about sound then its a shame you cant test drive them - get either and you will not be disappointed

Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 AM

We're still waiting for it here in the UK too... we can just pre-order it, thats all...

Old 06-16-2009, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjrock View Post
We're still waiting for it here in the UK too... we can just pre-order it, thats all...
yeah, due on the 30th according to play.com and .. and .. only 10 quid more than the 16GB version ... aaarrgghhh

Old 06-16-2009, 03:32 PM

I'd order off of play.com if I could, but unfortunatly, it's UK shipping only. I found an S9 on Amazon for about $300(which I think was about what the P3 price was around). If I can't find some way to get the P3, then I guess I'll go for the S9. Thanks for the quick responses!

Old 06-16-2009, 04:51 PM

You could check Ebay, but it's pretty expensive there. I wish they would sell the P3 32gb in U.S. already, I really want it.

Old 06-16-2009, 05:11 PM

Ebay's got it at $370 shipping directly from Korea. Way too expensive

Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM

Looks like your all just gonna have to find some patience...
To whoever asked it earlier, I believe the S9 sounds very good, as all Cowon players do. In fact, Samsung / iRiver / Cowon (all Korean) are all well known for great sounding players, can't go wrong with any of them SQ wise IMHO.

Old 06-16-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robjrock View Post
Looks like your all just gonna have to find some patience...
To whoever asked it earlier, I believe the S9 sounds very good, as all Cowon players do. In fact, Samsung / iRiver / Cowon (all Korean) are all well known for great sounding players, can't go wrong with any of them SQ wise IMHO.
Gotta love the Korean mp3 players. The best sounding mp3 players around certainly better than iCrap.