android
Old 12-12-2008, 06:35 PM

Default View Won't turn of again after shut off.

So, I bought another view like the one I bought, fixed and sold a while ago off eBay. It functions fine, except when you turn it off, it is completely unresponsive unless you hard reset it (won't turn on, even when you plug it into power). After you hard reset it again, everything works fine, but then you shut it off and the process repeats. I tried switching to 01.02.09A firmware from the newer firmware it had on it. This is a really odd problem that I have never heard of before. Anyone have a clue what could be wrong with it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-13-2008, 03:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If you hit the Power switch, it will put it into like a sleep mode. There is no way to change that, but for using the reset. I hope that is what you are talking about.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:41 PM

No, I don't think I described it well enough. When you turn the view into off and it displays the shut off "sandisk" screen and it goes into "sleep mode" it is completely unresponsive to everything. Power button does nothing, connecting it to the pc does nothing, nothing at all works until you hard reset it. It doesn't even turn on the blue lights.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Wow, thanks for describing a bit more. I have not seen that myself. Try booting into recovery mode, and reinstall the firmware.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:17 PM

hey, so I have the exact same problem as pcman.
I have tried doing the recovery mode thing, and i've tried just normaly up and down grading the firmware multiple times and nothing seems to fix it.
I've tried all of the firmwares I can find, in recovery mode and also just through normal usb

Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM

I found that along with the problem with the booting up after putting it into sleep mode the radio doesn't work. All players with the bootup problem also freeze when accessing the radio, so the two go hand in hand. I have narrowed the problem down to the mainboard, I think it may be somthing shorting out that has to do with the radio.

Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM

Same problem with the need to reset every time. Radio appears to be working though. Using latest firmware, etc.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:24 AM

odd.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:40 PM

i have had my sansa view for about 5-6 months now and am experiencing the same problem, what is happening is you cannot turn it on unless you do the hard reset, and i am also experiencing the radio proble, it freezes up and cannot autoscan.
It was working perfectly fine up until this point and it is annoying.
Has anyone found a solution for this yet?

edit: acutally i formatted it today and it stopped doing this as well as the radio works fine, but i don't know if it will stay good, ill see.

Last edited by jackass8000; 06-20-2009 at 01:02 PM.