android
Old 10-17-2008, 11:05 PM

I had long been frustrated by dust getting inside my e260's case. So I used this tutorial to open up the case and apply tape. What I found, though, was that it was going to take a number of layers of tape and a trial-and-error process to figure out how many. I didn't have the patience.

Luckily, I have some samples of gap-filler material that's typically used in electronic assemblies to bridge the gap between a large chip's heatsink and some part of the system case to more efficiently transfer heat out of the chip. I used thin strips of gap-filler material around the perimeter of the Sansa's display. This worked perfectly, and I mean perfectly. I haven't seen a speck of dust on the screen since.

I realize that gap-filler material may not be available to everyone. It occurs to me that you could probably use Blu-Tack or similar poster-hanging adhesive by rolling it into long strips.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-01-2009, 07:17 AM

Plumbers tape works well too. It acts more like a putty, in small quantities, then a tape. It also doesn't leave any adhesive residue if you need to remove it.

There is a second gap in the frame around the screen though, right at the top. If your not going to put a secondary gasket around the screen you need to address that gap as well.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
I am new here but I have been messing with my E250 a lot and I love it I have dust proofed the screen and now all I need to do is figure out a way to get the scratches out I will look on another post for that
For the scratches I used a special polish for plastic watch glasses... It's called PolyWatch and you basically just rub it in the screen. Worked great for me. I bought it in a watchshop a few years ago. I don't know what the longterm effect is though... only just applied it.

By the way, great tutorial

Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 AM

Hi. Excuse me for my english, i'm italian.
I used a gap-filler taken from an old calculator (or another electronic device with a display).
I cut it in thin stripes and filled the space in usb connector, microsd slot and screen.
No more dust.