android
Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 PM

Default HELP ME!!! how to play *gapless playback* on my NWZ-S639

hello everyone im new here , and i wanted to ask a question about the new sony walkman NWZ-S639 ,
i mean all the other walkmans i had before that were compatible with sonicstage had no problems with gapless playback ( as in theres no gaps between the first track and the second track on the walkman), but when i just bought this new 16 GB NWZ-S639 and i realised that i cant use sonic stage , i tried using every other program i can(windows media player , media manager for walkman) but still im having the same problem ( GAPS between my tracks , theres no gaps in the media player , but when i transfere it to my walkman the gaps are just there and i cant do anything about it)

i called sony customer service but it looks like no one knows what theyre on about , SO PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ someone help me . i dun wanna go back to ipod

I JUST WANT GAPLESS PLAYBAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Visiting troll from Pocketables

Not possible. Only ipods, players with rockbox, and a few others have gapless

Old 12-19-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar1q View Post
hello everyone im new here , and i wanted to ask a question about the new sony walkman NWZ-S639 ,
i mean all the other walkmans i had before that were compatible with sonicstage had no problems with gapless playback ( as in theres no gaps between the first track and the second track on the walkman), but when i just bought this new 16 GB NWZ-S639 and i realised that i cant use sonic stage , i tried using every other program i can(windows media player , media manager for walkman) but still im having the same problem ( GAPS between my tracks , theres no gaps in the media player , but when i transfere it to my walkman the gaps are just there and i cant do anything about it)

i called sony customer service but it looks like no one knows what theyre on about , SO PLZZZZZZZZZZZZ someone help me . i dun wanna go back to ipod

I JUST WANT GAPLESS PLAYBAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Want gapless? Try using wav instead of AAC or mp3

Old 12-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup, only WAV plays gapless on the newer Sony's (the one's without Sonic Stage). Sorry, but that's your only option.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:07 PM

Sony giveth with one hand and taketh with the other. Why not make the s639 Atrac compatable? I've found that atrac is the best format at low bitrates and its gapless.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

ATRAC is only gapless on MD players... I very much doubt it would be gapless on a DAP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did the few botched ATRAC "MP3" players Sony released actually play gapless? I think not, from all I heard.

Anyways, gapless of course is possible with any format - Rockbox, Zune, iPod, Trekstor, Rio shows how it's done properly.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:15 PM

I think yes, i had a nw-hd3 that played gapless atrac. You should think not from what you heard, but from what you know.
Anyway, do you think it could be done by a simple FW update?

Old 06-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Banned

Dumb question, but would using BonkEnc to rip a CD to a single file not count..? I have a couple of Classical CDs I'd like to do this to, but am not clued up enough about what constitutes true gapless.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Dumb question, but would using BonkEnc to rip a CD to a single file not count..? I have a couple of Classical CDs I'd like to do this to, but am not clued up enough about what constitutes true gapless.
Same here, I see that foobar gives the option to rip as one file, but I don't know how well it would work. Generally, if I'm that worried about gaps, I just listen on foobar and don't worry about gapless in the portable setting.