android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
robertreynolds robertreynolds is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Default

I agree with you Gebal.

Let's face it, we're a niche. I love my P3 and use it almost exclusivey as an interface to my iphone. But I do that because I mostly listen to music and the sound quality is just so much better than the iphone! I also happen to own Shure SE530's and have educated myself on the differences in sound quality between different devices. But I don't know anyone else that does this, and I think we're in the minority.

Most people are just happy with what Apple is producing. They are thrilled how easy it is to purchase MP3's from itunes and are using their stock earbuds and swooning at the high quality sound. For Samsung to educate these people via marketing about how music really can sound, would be cost-prohibitive.

I am of the opinion though, that Apple is good for the niche companies focusing on quality audio. The more people that Apple turns on to mobile music the better. Eventually those newbies, like me, will want to explore greater sound quality and start buying better products.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #22  
Old 06-24-2009, 06:02 AM
ananth's Avatar
ananth ananth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 154
Default

have to agree with gebal, I literally ran a google search with anything but ipod as the keyword, hit this site and it worked wonders, and noob that I am to sound quality, I love the P3.
__________________
Samsung YP-P3 JEB Black I-*** ****** 2GB
Sennheiser CX-300 Black
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 06-24-2009, 04:56 PM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

We are a minority. Not many do really care about good quality, they just want something that works.

Like you, I don't know many people who look for audio quality like me. Any time I ask what kind of MP3 player someone uses, they always respond "iPod" or "Zune" and I give them a dirty look or something >.<
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 06-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Dreamnine Dreamnine is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scotland, EU
Posts: 3,225
Default

Today someone asked me what kind of i-pod my P3 was. I told them it was a Samsung and got a kind of glazed, vacant look. I gave up.
Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Olley Olley is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,894
Default

When I'm asked a similar question, I'll say "This is what you'll want when you get tired of iPods". Then I use it to make a quick phone call.
Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 06-24-2009, 11:22 PM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Today someone asked me what kind of i-pod my P3 was. I told them it was a Samsung and got a kind of glazed, vacant look. I gave up.
That's all you can really do... just give up.
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
kiyu727 kiyu727 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 66
Default

Dont give up !
Even in my tiny little town (in Germany at lake constanze) with about 80'000 inhabitants I aready saw 2 P3s, including mine there're 3. 8 months before, I honestly NEVER saw a P2 while P3 didnt exist back then.
P3 = good audio quality, espacially with my UltimateEars 10 pro

@ Topic
I installed emodio, tried creating a media library, and deleted emodio

I too hope that they gonna come up wit an alternative to emodio, maybe they go with the trend and call it iEmodio

Last edited by kiyu727; 06-25-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: soo many spelling mistakes .........
Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:04 PM
MojoPatrol's Avatar
MojoPatrol MojoPatrol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 332
Default

Damn you STEVE JOBS! You’re slowly sucking out people’s souls and replacing it with Pointless Apps, ITunes and an unwavering devotion to your every whim. But we at ABI will not be moved! We are the resistance! (Why does this have a strange resemblance to terminator salvation?)

Maybe if we lower Steve Jobs into a molten pit of metal he'll warp back into his evil metallic form and we can rid the world of him for good. Also, I wonder if he realizes he's pretty much taken his company's original goal of being original and promoting creativity and warped it into conformist consumerism central. Oh the dramatic irony.


P.S. How bad is it when my spellcheck recognizes ITunes as an actual word and corrects me for using a lower case t?
Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 06-25-2009, 02:54 PM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyu727 View Post
Dont give up !
Even in my tiny little town (in Germany at lake constanze) with about 80'000 inhabitants I aready saw 2 P3s, including mine there're 3. 8 months before, I honestly NEVER saw a P2 while P3 didnt exist back then.
P3 = good audio quality, espacially with my UltimateEars 10 pro

@ Topic
I installed emodio, tried creating a media library, and deleted emodio

I too hope that they gonna come up wit an alternative to emodio, maybe they go with the trend and call it iEmodio
Yea I'm not giving up. I posted a mini-review in a bulletin on myspace xD
One of my friends co-workers has one, only other person I know of that has one around here.

I hope they make a new program too, something far better than EmoDio. I didn't even bother trying it, other than messing with myDNSe profiles.
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)
Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 PM
blankety blank blankety blank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 134
Default

Well Put there friend. if i was too take over apple i would run it so far deep in the ground that satan would say get that crap out of here.
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:33 AM
triarii117's Avatar
triarii117 triarii117 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankety blank View Post
Well Put there friend. if i was too take over apple i would run it so far deep in the ground that satan would say get that crap out of here.
Ha, nice.
__________________
PMPs: Cowon J3, Samsung P3(touchscreen problems), Creative Zen (4GB, black)
Headphones: Panasonic RP-HTX7, Philips, JVC Marshmallow IEMS (why not)
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:56 AM
blankety blank blankety blank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 134
Default

thanx
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM
blankety blank blankety blank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoPatrol View Post
Damn you STEVE JOBS! You’re slowly sucking out people’s souls and replacing it with Pointless Apps, ITunes and an unwavering devotion to your every whim. But we at ABI will not be moved! We are the resistance! (Why does this have a strange resemblance to terminator salvation?)

Maybe if we lower Steve Jobs into a molten pit of metal he'll warp back into his evil metallic form and we can rid the world of him for good. Also, I wonder if he realizes he's pretty much taken his company's original goal of being original and promoting creativity and warped it into conformist consumerism central. Oh the dramatic irony.


P.S. How bad is it when my spellcheck recognizes ITunes as an actual word and corrects me for using a lower case t?

Oh i no it is but the funny thing is is that, when i did that and left it ITunes on a paper they counted it off
Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 07-03-2009, 03:25 PM
chltmdwp chltmdwp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copeys View Post
E-modi-o???

What is this you speak of?!?
Emodio stands for Emotional Studio.. but i don't mind using that program because mine barely crashes for some reason. And i am using Vista 32 bit.
Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 07-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Olley Olley is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 4,894
Default

June 26th has come and gone, and emodio.com is still there.
Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Dreamnine Dreamnine is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scotland, EU
Posts: 3,225
Default

Expiration date is not exist.
Reply With Quote

  #37  
Old 07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
gebal's Avatar
gebal gebal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Near Liverpool, UK
Posts: 604
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olley View Post
June 26th has come and gone, and emodio.com is still there.
Its like a film student's horror movie, but probably a bit scarier

And I'm liking the phone call thing Olley, might be a good one to pull when some idiot chirps out that it doesn't have wifi (its already happened, and I havn't even received my P3 yet )
__________________
Player: 32gb S9 / Sansa e260 r'boxed / Motorola Defy with Cubed player
'Phones: Senn' CX250 / Senn' HD202 / Shure SRH 440
AnythingbutIre: a group for the ABI members in the UK
Reply With Quote

  #38  
Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Dreamnine Dreamnine is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Scotland, EU
Posts: 3,225
Default

Be good if they could add sms functionality.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 PM.