android
Old 07-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Default Gapless Encoding/Decoding

Hi Folks,

This is my first post on this forum, so - hello everyone! (BTW I'm also new to the world of mp3/flac/wma/aac, etc.)

Since the Sansa Fuze does not support gapless playback using mp3 and I need gapless playback, if I use flac, does this get round the problem? Are there any other alternatives?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JPC

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM

If your Fuze is an older "v1" version, it will have gapless with any audio codec once you install Rockbox. With a v2 Fuze you're outta luck at the moment.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

If you've got a V1 Fuze, you could try out Rockbox. Its not released yet, but is reasonably stable now on the Fuze and does gapless for all major formats (MP3, Ogg, FLAC, AAC).

Old 07-15-2009, 09:52 AM

Thanks, folks. Unfortunately, I have a Version 2 Fuze - so it looks as though I'm out of luck at the moment.

JPC

Old 07-15-2009, 09:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeecee View Post
Hi Folks,

This is my first post on this forum, so - hello everyone! (BTW I'm also new to the world of mp3/flac/wma/aac, etc.)

Since the Sansa Fuze does not support gapless playback using mp3 and I need gapless playback, if I use flac, does this get round the problem? Are there any other alternatives?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JPC
Use foobar2000 to convert your FLAC's to LAME with the merge output into one file option. Worked like a charm for Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM

A player really should work for the user - not the other way around. Too bad that is not the case for gapless without Rockbox, or an iPod, Zune, Karma, Vibez, or Alneo.... I hope we don't have to bother anymore with those silly non-gapless players in the near future.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:15 AM

How does one know if their Fuze is V1 or V2?

I have a bad feeling that mine's V2; I bought it new a month or so ago from Amazon.
I find those gaps between tracks so irritating. I'm not giving in and joining my carefully ripped FLAC albums into one track though to acommodate!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxophilly View Post
How does one know if their Fuze is V1 or V2?

I have a bad feeling that mine's V2; I bought it new a month or so ago from Amazon.
I find those gaps between tracks so irritating. I'm not giving in and joining my carefully ripped FLAC albums into one track though to acommodate!
How to find out if you have v1 or v2 Fuze

I second what the others have said. It should not be this hard to listen to music the way it was made by the artists. Another reason I like Rockbox and tolerate the Zune software.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:44 AM

Oh noooo!

It's V2. I wanted to Rock Box it.

It's a shame, because I really like the Fuze - this is my only complaint.
It's crazy to support FLAC - which only people who are really bothered about quality playback will care about - and then have these distracting gaps.