android
Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 AM

Default Fuze question

Im thinking of getting a Fuze, I currently am using the e260 and I use a third party sofware to create my playlists( sansa playlister)http://hcware.**********/sansa/. I like Mcs mode? How do you create playlists with the fuze and can you do it without using windows media player? Dose anyone know of a third party progran that will do this?
Thanks
13Dp

One more question,
I have vista 64 bit, Will this be a problem?

Last edited by 13dp; 07-12-2009 at 07:37 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13dp View Post
Im thinking of getting a Fuze, I currently am using the e260 and I use a third party sofware to create my playlists( sansa playlister)http://hcware.**********/sansa/. I like Mcs mode? How do you create playlists with the fuze and can you do it without using windows media player? Dose anyone know of a third party progran that will do this?
Thanks
13Dp

One more question,
I have vista 64 bit, Will this be a problem?
Fortunately Sansa wised up after making users jump through hoops to create playlists on the e2xx series. EXT.m3u playlists work on the newer Sansas including the Fuze. You don't really need a separate app. Winamp, Mediamonkey, XMPlay, MP3Tag and several other freeware apps will do the job.

I would check this thread for detailed information but simply put:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Heres what I do.

0) my Clip is in MSC mode, and all songs were added in MSC mode
1) plug in your Clip (yeah I know obvious - but maybe not to everybody)
2) create your playlist in Winamp
3) when ready save the playlist to the clip

Everything should work just fine
Steve
Just remember to use the music that is all ready in your MUSIC folder and save the playlist back to that same folder. If you try to save to the PLAYLIST folder it creates a path problem that breaks the playlist.

If you just want to use a separate app Playlist Creator works OK on Vista 32 bit OS. I'm not sure how well it works with Vista 64 bit. I don't install Playlist Creator. I just download the .zip file, unzip it and run the .exe from there. Really fast and simple.

Old 07-12-2009, 05:03 PM

Default thanks

Thanks for yoyr reply. What program would u recomend that is the simplest to create custom playlists?

Old 07-12-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Thanks for yoyr reply. What program would u recomend that is the simplest to create custom playlists?
I go back and forth between Mp3tag and Winamp. The others in the posting above are all good. Or you could just try them all and see which one you like best.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 07-18-2009, 07:29 AM

I tried using mp3tag and it worked but it wont allow you to arrange the songs in the order you want. Does winamp allow that? I really wish the Sansa Playlister would work on the fuze.
Any way what is the best program for aranging song in the order i want?

Old 07-18-2009, 08:31 AM

Iv tried mp3tag and it works but wont allow you to arrange the song in any order. Does winamp allow this?

I wish sansplaylister would work with the fuze. Anyone having luck with any other playlist programs for the fuze?

Old 07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Iv tried mp3tag and it works but wont allow you to arrange the song in any order. Does winamp allow this?

I wish sansplaylister would work with the fuze. Anyone having luck with any other playlist programs for the fuze?
Did you try the Playlist Creator program skip252 linked to? It's a great piece of software that I know allows you to rearrange playlists any way you like. It creates .m3u playlists that my Rockboxed Fuze can read, but I'm not sure about the original firmware (though the OF purportedly does support the .m3u format).

Old 07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes Winamp will allow you to arrange the playlist before saving.

Steve

Old 07-19-2009, 08:08 AM

I dont have the fuze yet but I played with winamp and dont like it. I also tried playlist creator and like it better. My question is where do I save the .m3u file, in the music folder or in the sub folders under the music? Like this Sansa/music/AC/DC....? What about the playlist folder? Is there one..I will be using MSC mode.
Thanks

Old 07-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Administrator

There's no PLAYLIST folder and...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Just remember to use the music that is all ready in your MUSIC folder and save the playlist back to that same folder. If you try to save to the PLAYLIST folder it creates a path problem that breaks the playlist.
Enjoy your Fuze when it arrives.