android
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Default how to clean screen

Most of you probably don't have this probem since your players are kind of new, but I've had my K5 since march and though it works fine, the screen has beeen through rough times and I was wondering if anyone knows how to clean this type of screens, I wouldn't like to damage it, it's the best mp3 player there is and if anything happens to it, they don't sell them anywhere in my country!!

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 AM

What kind of dirt do you have?

My K3 is like 3 or 4 months old and I usually just put it into my jeans pockets. It already has some dust under(!) the screen, in the top left corner. I'd like to clean that away, but how could one open the player without damaging it!?!?

Or would this even be a reason to send it back in and have a new one (warranty)?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:26 PM

There's no dust under the screen, but the screen itself is scratched, and because of the touch screen it usually gets dirty and greasy, my question is how do I clean it when it gets dirty, it is a touchscreen no any screen, I suppose you cannot put water on it!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:01 AM

I suppose you can put water on it (the screen itself) - but you should be careful! Do not let water enter the sides!

But to my mind the screen can be cleaned quite well, just use any cloth, your T-Shirt or whatever...
...for scratches: I don't know how to get rid of them! Maybe it's not possible at all!?

Has anyone else ever had the problem that there is dust UNDER the screen??

Old 12-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterisk View Post
There's no dust under the screen, but the screen itself is scratched, and because of the touch screen it usually gets dirty and greasy, my question is how do I clean it when it gets dirty, it is a touchscreen no any screen, I suppose you cannot put water on it!
For general cleaning, dampen a clean soft cloth with window cleaning liquid and use that.

Here's what I do for removing fine scratches, but I accept no responsibility of it doesn't work on your K5! I don't know where you live, but here in the UK you can buy a brass cleaning product called "Brasso". (I imagine similar liquids will do the same job).

Apply some liquid to a clean cloth and rub the scratched area with a circular motion, for several minutes. Wipe the Brasso off and check the scratches. Hopefully they'll be less conspicuous than they were before. Repeat as necessary until you are happy with the result, but be aware that you are actually removing a small layer of the screen itself .

Old 07-23-2009, 06:40 PM

I have a Samsung P-3 and the touch screen gets frequently grimy, using common sense and what I obtained through the Samsung Wikipedia shell (Samsungwiki i think its called, Google it!) I just apply a small amount of Windex/window cleaner (P3 screen is glass so its natural) and almost dry brush the screen with windex, then rub it off with the other side of the paper towl, no biggie, it even makes any scratches you could have on it invisible until they get more dirt in them. I also have a leather case with a mini pocket on the cover flap where i keep the same cloth used to clean eyeglasses, just remove the case, breath on the screen and wipe, works like a charm.
Hope this helps somebody. !
P.S don't do what I do and eat pizza then directly want to listen to your favorite song....grease does not go well on leather or glass ;P