android
Old 07-26-2009, 09:53 AM

Default Fuze or Clip and WMA

Hi y'all....I want to get the smaller Fuze 8 or Clip 8 Gig to use at the gym. Presently I own a Zune 120 and have my 650+ CD collection on it. I use it to play through my audio system
The files are in WMA.
I read on some Google searches that folks are having trouble with WMA and Sandisk, even though promo material says they are compatible.
NOW, does anyone have experience using the same music files, i.e. WMA, on the Zune and the Sandisk Fuze or Clip???????

THANKS A LOT!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Banned

I had no problem at all playing wma files on the Clip.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator

I don't use .wma very much on my Clip or Fuze but I have some files I ripped to that format in the earlier days. When I tried to transcode them they sounded worse so I use them as they are. They play just fine on my Zune too.

The only playback problem I have is that they are relatively low bitrate (96 kbps) so the SQ is pretty poor. The playback itself is fine. Is there a particular type (Wma Lossless or Pro) that you are reading about that causes problems?

BTW: Welcome to ABI!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:21 AM

Default Thanks

I really appreciate your answer...............Off to get my sansa.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

As long as the WMA files you use for your Zune aren't DRM'd your OK. If they have copy protection they won't play nice w/a clip, Fuze, or any other device. If there's no DRM - go get that Sansa!!!!

PS: Welcome to ABI>>>!!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 12:28 PM

Y'all are great! One last thing....I have an "aux" input on my new car. The Zune player won't play thru it. Will the Sandisk????
Thanks again

Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have had no problems with WMA on my Clip or my Fuze. I have not tried using protected files though. The Zune won't play through your car aux input? Is this a line level audio input? Why doesn't it work? Is the volume too low?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:34 PM

I have no idea why it wont work. In my glove box is a mini plug labeled AUX and a DC outlet. Tried to hook it up through the miniplug on the output and nada/zip.
No prob. The car CD player plays MP3's so I just ripped all my CD's. Get lots of albums on one CD. Looking forward to my sansa. I have an old, old one that I presently take to the gym. It's one gig! Sorta 1/2 round shape. It has worked like a charm for 4 years! Just want more memory....Ordering the Sansa Fuze 8 tonite from Amazon!!!!!!!!

Thanks again....Great community here.

Old 07-26-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master View Post
Hi y'all....I want to get the smaller Fuze 8 or Clip 8 Gig to use at the gym. Presently I own a Zune 120 and have my 650+ CD collection on it. I use it to play through my audio system
The files are in WMA.
I read on some Google searches that folks are having trouble with WMA and Sandisk, even though promo material says they are compatible.
NOW, does anyone have experience using the same music files, i.e. WMA, on the Zune and the Sandisk Fuze or Clip???????

THANKS A LOT!!!
I own a 8GB Fuze and mostly use mp3 exclusively but I have had .wma files on it from time to time over the past year and can say that I haven't had any problems playing them....even FLAC files...no problems.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 07-27-2009, 12:28 AM

Quote:
No prob. The car CD player plays MP3's so I just ripped all my CD's. Get lots of albums on one CD.
My car has a similar setup and as much as I love my Fuze, 90% of the time I find it easier just to use MP3 CDs rather than deal with plugging into AUX, etc. The main exception is longer trips when I want a wider variety of music.

Old 07-27-2009, 03:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
I have no idea why it wont work. In my glove box is a mini plug labeled AUX and a DC outlet. Tried to hook it up through the miniplug on the output and nada/zip.
I assume you've tried hooking up other devices besides your Zune (e.g. a portable CD player, tape player, portable radio, laptop, etc.) to your AUX port to verify that the AUX port is, in fact, functional?

Old 07-27-2009, 07:31 AM

Gonna try the Aux with the Fuze! Just got the car in June. Like I said and the poster above said, it's really easy to make MP3 CD's which can hold 5-8 "CD albums." The CD player recognizes them, sorts them, even shows the album and song playing.
The Fuze is really for the gym. Also to stick in my pocket when I have to wait somewhere, like the dentist!
Again, thank y'all for your help..You're a great bunch. Hope to be able to share in a week or so.