android
Old 06-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Default Video converter for A729

Hi,

I've tried convert a video into x264 mp4 320x240 file ... but when copied over to A729, it says that the file format is not supported?

Could some one please clarify for me which format this model support, and recommend some video converter pls?

Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-07-2009, 11:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Go to Download.com and search for a free ipod video conversion program, then set it to convert the vids to the players specs. That should solve the problem, as it worked for me when I had my Sony DAP's.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:15 PM

Try this one...
http://www.********.com/

I tried out about 4-5 different converters that were supposed to work with my a829...this is the only converter I could get to work...converts fast...but a little pricey...

Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Well, that didn;t post...

******** dot com

Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Handbrake works 100% for me. Select the ipod setting and you're pretty much there. Do a forum search and there's full thread dedicated to how it works, or look through my old posts, I think I posted in it.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM

I use "WinAVI MP4 Conveter".

Sony NWZ-A728B, Sony NWZ-A816, iPod Shuffle 1GB

Old 07-09-2009, 01:12 PM

I've found that the easiest way to convert videos for my a729 is just to use Sony's own Media Go. I don't really use the player for videos myself but when I tried this it seemed to work well. Basically it detects your player and you can set it up so that it automatically prepares videos for that particular player from files in any folder you set for the program to read as a library. (I don't use Media go for transferring music so I just set up an empty folder that I can copy video files to for it to convert) From that you can either send it to your player from the program or you can find the converted file in your temp folder (e.g. I think it sends the converted files on mine's to c:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\Temp\Media Go\Prepared\) Not sure if it's the best way to convert videos but it was certainly far easier than most other ways. It's also nice to see Sony actually providing a free program to do it rather than having to pay for previous programs that were dreadful anyway.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurluver View Post
Hi,

I've tried convert a video into x264 mp4 320x240 file ... but when copied over to A729, it says that the file format is not supported?

Could some one please clarify for me which format this model support, and recommend some video converter pls?

Thanks
I use MediaCoder (freeware) to convert vids for the A729: http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

Use frimframsauce's MediaCoder settings for the A729 as described here (his 08-31-2008 post that includes screenshots of the settings is very helpful):
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=30620

MediaCoder has been updated since then and doesn't look exactly as described in frimframsauce's thread anymore, but the settings still work perfectly for the A729.