android
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Smile Playlist Problem in AAC

Hello.
I have a small problem to create playlists (playlist) in AAC format.

I have the Sony S639.Create player with MP3 playlist in WMP and I have no problem.Is transferred to the player without any problem.
But when I try to create playlist in AAC format, I created the lists but I did not transfer to the reproductor.Me fails.
Which is to transfer the tracks are always tucked in the player as in WMP.

I tried to rename m3u, wpl, and more extensions and there is no way of transferring to the player.

I have also tried to copy-paste paste.Me lists but when I turn on the player and look at the playlist folder there is no such list.

Does anyone know how to create playlist in AAC format for this player?

I hope your comments.

Thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-03-2009, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golum View Post
Hello.
I have a small problem to create playlists (playlist) in AAC format.

I have the Sony S639.Create player with MP3 playlist in WMP and I have no problem.Is transferred to the player without any problem.
But when I try to create playlist in AAC format, I created the lists but I did not transfer to the reproductor.Me fails.
Which is to transfer the tracks are always tucked in the player as in WMP.

I tried to rename m3u, wpl, and more extensions and there is no way of transferring to the player.

I have also tried to copy-paste paste.Me lists but when I turn on the player and look at the playlist folder there is no such list.

Does anyone know how to create playlist in AAC format for this player?

I hope your comments.

Thank you
There is an easy way to use Windows Explorer to make a playlist on your player that can contain AAC and MP3 files (I tested it on my player and it works). Do the following (these instructions assume your player is set up as an MTP player and you are using Windows):

- Connect your player to your computer, select "My Computer," select your Walkman, select "Storage Media," and then select "MUSIC."

- Right click on a music file you want in a playlist and select "Create Playlist." A file named "New Playlist.pla" will appear and will contain the file that you selected. You can also right click on a folder and create a playlist that will contain all of the files in the folder (including its subfolders). You can rename the playlist, but leave the ".pla" extension unchanged.

To view the contents of the playlist, right click on it and select "Open," and the Playlist Properties Window will open.With this window open, you can add files to the playlist by dragging-and-dropping the songs (that are on your player) into the playlist window, delete songs from the playlist, and reorder the playlist.

I hope that helps, and please post if this worked for you.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Last edited by CDMP3PlayerFan; 08-03-2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Brief addition to original post.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:52 AM

Smile

Thank you very much for your help CDMP3playerfan.

I've done everything I've explained and just lets me create playlists on MP3.
I do not recognize in AAC files and not let me get into the playlist.

Can the DRM files?

I tried to do it with many programs and it is impossible.

I have 90% of my music in AAC.

Nor do I sync with Itunes.

-Using Windows XP Professional SP3.
-I have the latest freeware (1.11) in the walkman.
-WMP 11

I do not know why it is so difficult to make playlists in AAC ..

PD: forgive my ingles.Uso a translator.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golum View Post
Thank you very much for your help CDMP3playerfan.

I've done everything I've explained and just lets me create playlists on MP3.
I do not recognize in AAC files and not let me get into the playlist.

Can the DRM files?

I tried to do it with many programs and it is impossible.

I have 90% of my music in AAC.

Nor do I sync with Itunes.

-Using Windows XP Professional SP3.
-I have the latest freeware (1.11) in the walkman.
-WMP 11

I do not know why it is so difficult to make playlists in AAC ..

PD: forgive my ingles.Uso a translator.
When you mentioned DRM I remembered that the Sony players will only play non-DRM AAC files. The AAC files I tested when creating a playlist were iTunes Plus files which are high-bitrate AAC files that don't have copy protection. Those files play on my player without conversion, and I can put them in playlists via Windows Explorer as described in my previous post.

If you purchased your AAC files from the iTunes Store and they are not iTunes Plus, then the files are protected by DRM. If that is the case, that is the likely reason you are having problems using them in playlists.

I had some AAC files that I purchased from the iTunes Store. Later, I paid 30 cents per track to upgrade them to iTunes Plus, which replaced them with a higher-bitrate non-DRM version of the files.

One more thing that might be of interest. I use MediaMonkey (MM) to manage my music and load it on my player. One of the things I found is that at first it would not recognize my AAC music files. What I found was I had to set MM to recognize files ending in .m4a as music files that it would monitor.

I hope that helps.
MediaMonkey 4
Headphones: Koss PortaPro

Old 08-05-2009, 09:10 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDMP3PlayerFan View Post
When you mentioned DRM I remembered that the Sony players will only play non-DRM AAC files. The AAC files I tested when creating a playlist were iTunes Plus files which are high-bitrate AAC files that don't have copy protection. Those files play on my player without conversion, and I can put them in playlists via Windows Explorer as described in my previous post.

If you purchased your AAC files from the iTunes Store and they are not iTunes Plus, then the files are protected by DRM. If that is the case, that is the likely reason you are having problems using them in playlists.

I had some AAC files that I purchased from the iTunes Store. Later, I paid 30 cents per track to upgrade them to iTunes Plus, which replaced them with a higher-bitrate non-DRM version of the files.

One more thing that might be of interest. I use MediaMonkey (MM) to manage my music and load it on my player. One of the things I found is that at first it would not recognize my AAC music files. What I found was I had to set MM to recognize files ending in .m4a as music files that it would monitor.

I hope that helps.
All the music I have in AAC, I have protected DRM.Usage a program to move my C'ds to AAC "Audio Copy exactly Itunes + Quicktime AAC".

I do not usually buy music in iTunes.

I do not think iTunes Plus let me convert files without having bought in his shop.
MediaMonkey is a great program if you know what utilizarlo.Yo used once and delete all the music on my walkman (I'm a duck).

Will have to wait if Sony pulls with freeware update for AAC.

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings