android
Old 07-06-2009, 06:11 AM

Default Please share your Custom EQ

i've had this player for almost two weeks now have since been trying to find a decent EQ setting that works well with all my songs. the problem is that i find myself making changes to the EQ for virtually every song because, sometimes, certain sounds would be greatly exaggerated or hardly audible. i mostly listen to rock and metal but notice this extreme difference within songs from the same album. i've never encountered this problem with the other players i owned or my computer (using Winamp).

i find all the other presets, including normal, are just horrible and my only hope is a good custom setting.

right now, my settings for the custom EQ are 2/8/6/0/0.

if you found a good setting that you're really happy with and didn't have to modify since you set it, then please share it here. also, if you don't mind, please compare it with my setting and see which is better.

thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-06-2009, 07:16 AM

You probably can’t find a good EQ setting because the EQ firmware on the fuze and clip suck. Both players sound very good on no EQ (flat), but if you must have EQ, your only hope is when rockbox for the fuze is completed.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Another pertinent question is which headphones you're using, since they're just as prone as a player's built-in signature to have dips and exaggerations across the frequency spectrum (although, like WalkGood, I find the Fuze's flat EQ setting to be quite nice).

Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Another pertinent question is which headphones you're using, since they're just as prone as a player's built-in signature to have dips and exaggerations across the frequency spectrum (although, like WalkGood, I find the Fuze's flat EQ setting to be quite nice).
Your quite right re: what headphones to use. They can make all the difference in the world imo. I use 2 pair mainly...my work ones are $20 Sony Walkman's and my good ones are Ety's (ER-6i) and I have a preset set to just the default (normal) and to me the sound is very good, no audiophile here but I know what I like.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

EQ depends on your headphones, so unless you find someone with the same headphones as you, whatever settings they give you won't work the same for you.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
I agree. With decent headphones, no EQ is needed on the Fuze and Clip. It's only worth using that custom EQ if you have low-fi headphones that need help. My 3 main pairs(first 3 in my sig) sound great on "Normal".

As WalkGood said, the custom EQ pretty much sucks. I've used it with the last 2 'phones in my sig, and it does help them, but it doesn't make them awesome, just a little better than they were.

The other thing is, no one can really tell you what EQ settings will sound the way you like.....you have to experiment for yourself, because everyone's level of hearing is different, and one guy that's a bass-head wouldn't like the settings of someone that likes a neutral sound, or someone with hearing loss that needs treble boost.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:00 PM

I have my bass and treble maxed. great for listening on the road it penetrates better. Also my car's speakers suck balls so I gotta do that or it sounds like jelly or something.