android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 07-28-2009, 03:07 PM

Default Does Fuze use the same proprietary USB cord/port as E200, View, etc?

It seems that they would -- I know they look exactly the same in the pictures in the review for the Fuze on this site.

But, I'm also wondering, though, if the charging voltage, amperage, or whatever, would be the same for the Fuze as for the E200/other models, because there's a Belkin charging kit (on sale today at woot http://slickdeals.net/?pno=22957&lno=1&afsrc=1 for $6 shipped today, also at buy.com for $7 shipped) for the E200/View/C200/Connect that doesn't explicitly list the Fuze. I would think the Fuze would be the same in this regard as the other players, if it has the same port physically and form-factor wise, but, just wanted to be sure.. wondering if anyone had any experience using it (the Belkin charger) with the Fuze.

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think so, but I can't say for 100% sure, as I never had an e200. Sorry I can't be more conclusive!

Old 07-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

jmcyang, I can tell you from experience that e200 and Fuze charging cables are identical/interchangeable, and that Belkin charger will work just fine.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:15 PM

Thanks for the quick responses, guys. Always really like coming on this site, people always seem to know their stuff -- really interesting to read around, what people have been saying. Thanks again.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:03 PM

I really wish they would have used the standard mini usb cable end instead of the propreitaty one . It makes me have to buy spares for this thing and that sucks. If they used the standard one you can just use any old cable. that is the ONLY gripe about this player!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
I really wish they would have used the standard mini usb cable end instead of the propreitaty one . It makes me have to buy spares for this thing and that sucks. If they used the standard one you can just use any old cable. that is the ONLY gripe about this player!
I hear what you're saying, but I'm glad they use a proprietary port simply for the fact that it allows audio-out to speaker docks and other line-level devices.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:36 PM

Yes I hear that. But I do not use a dock and no one I know even has one. So that is a non-issue for me. I got 10 mini usb cables sitting around my house. but I gotta buy a kit for my sansa fuze though so I can have a spare cable since I move alot and misplace stuff easy in my chaotic house.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:39 PM

I just bought today an 'ac to usb power adapter'. You just plug in the usb cable into this small portable box, and plug it into a 110 volt wall plug to charge. Almost everything nowadays comes with a usb cord, so this should work on all my devices. It says the output power is 6W, and the output voltage is 5V, 1.0 A. It also says it has overcurrent and overvoltage protection of 120%.
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 08-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Here is a pretty cheap charging kit

http://www.buy.com/prod/car-automobi...210772349.html

Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 AM

That Woot deal (in the slickdeals.net link in the OP) is a better deal IMO. You could get 3 full kits for less money (also, Woot seems to have them in stock). Not only will you get more, but the Belkin kits are not device-specific, so you will be able to use the actual AC adapter and DC transformer(?) with other USB devices (ike Popcorn talked about) AND the cables can be used to transfer data.

I bought 4 of the Belkin kits from Buy.com a couple months ago. I wish I would have known about the Woot deal then, I would have saved ~$20.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot - Sat, Aug 08 , 11_51_34 PM.png (5.1 KB, 4 views)

Old 08-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
That Woot deal (in the slickdeals.net link in the OP) is a better deal IMO. You could get 3 full kits for less money (also, Woot seems to have them in stock). Not only will you get more, but the Belkin kits are not device-specific, so you will be able to use the actual AC adapter and DC transformer(?) with other USB devices (ike Popcorn talked about) AND the cables can be used to transfer data.

I bought 4 of the Belkin kits from Buy.com a couple months ago. I wish I would have known about the Woot deal then, I would have saved ~$20.
Don't regret what wasn't there. I deal with Woot frequently. The email I got from them was dated July 27, 2009. That was the first day of the sale.

This is an unusual sale because Woot is a Deal-A-Day site. The few times they have had a sale like this was to close out their remaining inventory. I guess it means they finally ran out of e2xx series Sansas.

Out of boredom I once added up the stats on just the days I bought a Sansa of one type of the other, e2xx series or Clip. The total was over a quarter million units over seven days of sales.